Ugandian forum: Phones, gadgets and apps - Nokia Lumia 1020 review with price in Uganda
Share this topic
28 Aug 2014 16:35

The quality of the Nokia Lumia 1020's 41-megapixel camera sensor, PureView technology, Optical Image Stabilization high-resolution zoom. Is amazing, that’s obvious. You can take stunning pictures in Uganda while exploring the world of photography with Nokia Pro Camera. And Nokia Rich Recording makes it possible to capture sharp HD video with distortion-free sound. But we shouldn’t forget other features as well. Lets analyze the screen, hardware and design of this stunning smarthone.

Screen

Like most of Nokia phones, the 1020's 4.5-inch display features a 1,280x768-pixel resolution (WXGA) and pixel density of 334ppi. Its AMOLED screen is also supersensitive, which means you can operate it with fingernails or gloved fingertips. Gorilla Glass 3 helps resist cracks, though smash any screen hard enough or often enough and it'll break.

Nokia Lumia 1020 design
”Nokia

Camera

Capturing stunning images is easier than ever with the Nokia Camera app. Take your photos to a new level by adjusting focus, shutter speed, white balance and more with easy and intuitive controls.

With the Nokia Camera app on the Nokia Lumia 1020 you can shoot in super high resolution, which means you can zoom in close to your shot after you’ve taken it. Then rotate, reframe, crop and share new images as many times as you want.

There is even separate post, where I compare different camera phones, check: Best camera phones in Uganda

Hardware

Texperience you have using the rest of the phone is also vital to your overall enjoyment of the device. Take the hardware, for example: not unlike the vast majority of Nokia's high-end Lumia products, it's extremely well-built. It uses a unibody polycarbonate chassis, which gives us great confidence in its durability. The Gorilla Glass 3 on the front of the 1020 is flush with the edges, so you don't feel any interruption when running your fingers from one end of the phone to the other. Given its placement, the display likely stands a better chance of survival than most when the handset is dropped on its side.

Design

Dimensions of 5.1 inches tall by 2.8 inches wide are pretty standard, and the 1020 measures 0.4 inch thick throughout most of its body. It's that large camera module on the back (about 1.75 inches in diameter) that protrudes a full 0.51 inch from the phone's face.

That means the phone won't lie flat on its back, which is surprisingly sometimes helpful when the face tilts toward you as if on a stand. Amazingly, I did carry the phone around in my back pocket for long stretches without noticing it too much. When I held it, my fingers adjusted to grip the 1020 below its bulge.

Price in Uganda

1 100 000 Ugandan shillings. Find used Nokia Lumia phones for lover price at online marketplaces.

Read detailed specs here: Nokia Lumia 1020 – specs and price in Ugana. And don’t forget to leave me your comments! ☺

Edited by TechBoy / 28 Aug 2014 16:42