Ugandian forum: Phones, gadgets and apps - Most stylish phones in Uganda this year
Share this topic
27 Aug 2014 16:47

1. Apple iPhone 5C

Arguably the iPhone 5c’s most noteworthy feature is its new design. Apple went plastic, or should I say went back to plastic, after switching to metal and glass with the iPhone 4. To date, Apple’s choice of materials has been one of its prime differentiating factors, at least from an aesthetics point of view, vs. the Android crop of competitors.

Apple notes that this iPhone is actually polycarbonate because it wanted to get the colors just right, and doing so in metal just wasn’t feasible. Further, it points out that there’s a steel frame (which doubles as an antenna) girding that polycarbonate shell, which results in a phone that feels sturdy in the hand, without the flex or perceived fragility of other plastic device designs.

Price in Uganda – 1 400 000 UGX

”Apple

Read more about this smartphone: Apple iPhone 5C review with price in Uganda

2. Nokia Lumia 1520

The Nokia Lumia 1520 is huge, that much is obvious, but the 1520's design is cut from the same cloth as all the other Nokia Lumia phones. It's made from a single sheet of sturdy, high quality plastic with the screen protruding ever so slightly outwards from it. It's a good look and one we're not bored with yet.

Price in Uganda – 1 500 000 UGX

Nokia Lumia 1520
”Nokia

Read more about this smartphone: Nokia Lumia 1520 - specs and price in Uganda

3. Motorola Droid Maxx

Moto gets big points for giving the Maxx a back surface coated in Kevlar fiber -- similar to the previous generation of Droid handsets. I dug that treatment then and I dig it now. Smooth to the touch and possessing a soft matte finish, it repels smudges and streaks while simultaneously protecting against scratches. I certainly prefer it to the Ultra's glossy and slippery back, which accumulates greasy fingerprints.

Price in Uganda – 1 810 000 UGX

Motorola Droid Maxx
”Motorola

Read more about this smartphone: Motorola Droid Maxx review with price in Uganda

4. Motorola Moto X

At 5-inches, the Moto X is diminutive compared to the current Android leaders. This is good news for anyone who's felt like the HTC One or Galaxy S4 were going to rip out of their pocket, or slip out of their hand. The X is also built from a polycarbonate plastic that gives it a different feel from other phones on the market.

Its materials make it feel dense and well built; it actually feels a little bit ceramic. It's a marked contrast to the Galaxy S4, which feels plastic and hollow. The Moto X is solid and well balanced. Weighing in at 130 grams, it's on the heavy side, but the weight isn't too much, and gives the phone a substantial, premium feel.

Price in Uganda – 1 450 000 UGX

Motorola Moto X
”Motorola

Read more about this smartphone: Motorola Moto X review with price in Uganda

Which of these phones looks the most stylish to you?! Express your opinion below ☺

Edited by TechBoy / 27 Aug 2014 16:59