Ugandian forum: Phones, gadgets and apps - How to test a phone – advises for Ugandans
Share this topic
21 Aug 2014 13:44

Here are many forum posts where I review various mobile phones. I usually read their specifications and decide, whether they are good or not, or sometimes I have them physically and can try them by myself. There are several things which you need to pay attention to, when buying a phone and testing its quality. Here they are:

Camera

Most camera phones are simpler than separate digital cameras. Their usual fixed-focus lenses and smaller sensors limit their performance in poor lighting. Lacking a physical shutter, most have a long shutter lag. Flash, where present, is usually weak. Optical zoom and tripod screws are rare.

Good camera phone
(Invalid img)

Web browser

Mobile browsers are optimized so as to display Web content most effectively for small screens on portable devices. Mobile browser software must be small and efficient to accommodate the low memory capacity and low-bandwidth of wireless handheld devices.

Screen

In the era of touchscreen smartphones, we expect them to be as good as computer screens, offering crisp text, vibrant images, blur-free video and enough brightness to see outdoors, all under a responsive touch layer.

Call quality

Voice quality averages out to good for most smart phones, with the quality of what you hear sounding slightly worse than how others hear you. That means when there's a lot of background noise, such as when you're on a busy street, expect to miss a word or two during the conversation.

Battery

As proved by numerous surveys, battery life turns out to be one of the most important, and sometimes the most important feature that needs improvement in modern smartphones.

Processor

Despite its relatively geeky nature, the processor has become an increasingly important stat on the latest smartphone hardware’s spec sheets.

Ease of use

look at how easy it is to navigate through web pages and measure the processor’s power to ensure it’ll be able to keep up when you’re multi-tasking.

Build quality & design

It is hard to judge design as it is sometimes so subjective, but there seem to be some general agreement on what’s good and what’s not. Would you vote for a phone maker for just one phone, or do you value consistency?

Features

Smartphones can do so much more than simply make calls and send texts. But what are the most important features? And which can you do without? Read on to find out what to look for when shopping for your new phone.

Brand

If you want to be fashionable, you would probably choose an iPhone or some kind of new Samsung Galaxy phone, maybe Nokia Lumia, because it is very colorful and nice.

Different brand phones

”Different

If you are very interested in electronics, then I suggest you to check my other posts: iPhone 4 Specs and Price in Uganda and iPhone 5 Rewiew With Price in Uganda.

How do you choose your phone? Write me, so I can know it too! ☺

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 10:57