Ugandian forum: Computers - Cheap Dell Laptops in Uganda
Share this topic
18 Aug 2014 11:56

For more than 28 years, Dell has empowered communities, customers and people everywhere in all countries including Uganda, to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world.

You can find them for sale in many electronics stores in Kampala and other bigger cities in Uganda, also I suggest you to check online marketplaces like MoboFree for laptops with better prices.

Dell Vostro 14 3450 laptop in Uganda

Display: Dell Vostro is appropriate for a professional laptop, Dell uses a matt display for the screen. The 14 inch widescreen (diagonal of 35 centimeters) has a native resolution of 1366x768 pixels and a LED backlight. Unfortunately, Dell doesn’t offer any alternatives with higher resolutions in its configurator. Thus, you are tied to this resolution.
Performance: An Intel Core i5-2410M processor with Sandy Bridge architecture is used for the CPU. This dual core processor is a midrange model from Intel's second generation of Core processors. The processor already has a good amount of power with a standard clock rate of 2.3 GHz.
Keyboard: All the smaller models have the same keyboard. Therefore, they don't differ much in this point, either. The Vostro 3450 also has a Chiclet style keyboard with a key size of 14x14 millimeters and built-in keyboard light.
Price in Uganda: 830 000 UGX

Dell Vostro 14 3450 laptop design
”Dell

Dell Inspiron 15 laptop review in Uganda

Display: The screen looks good from a wide range of viewing angles and the hinge feels particularly sturdy. It has a standard laptop resolution of 1,366x768; unlike many recent laptops, the Inspiron 15 doesn't have a touchscreen, but it is a bright, high quality display with a gloss finish that makes colors seem more intense. However, like most glossy displays, it is rather reflective, particularly if you have a strong light source behind you.
Performance: The laptop is more powerful than many at this price, thanks to an Intel Ivy Bridge Core i5-3337U processor. It's a dual-core CPU which runs at 1.8GHz and produced a respectable overall score of 45 in our application benchmarks. The laptop is also equipped with 6GB of RAM, making it well equipped to handle any application you need to run.
Keyboard: The keyboard is excellent. It has flat, widely spaced Chiclet-style keys, which like most of their kind don't have a huge amount of travel. However, their layout - including that of the number pad and arrow keys - lends itself to swift and reasonably accurate touch-typing.
Price: in Uganda 900 000 GX

Dell Inspiron 15
”Dell

If you want to know more about computers’ specs or compare their prices, then check out my other forum posts on Latest Laptops with Prices in Kampala, Uganda and HP laptops in Uganda with prices and specs.

Also, do not hesitate to leave me a comment with your opinion! ☺

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 12:14
11 May 2015 20:26

I need an i5 at 750000