Ugandian forum: Phones, gadgets and apps - Review of Samsung gravity phones
Share this topic
14 Aug 2014 13:12

My dear friends and forum readers, today I’ve decided to make a review for you on the popular Samsung Gravity phones, which sales are getting higher in Uganda because of their good quality and reasonable price. Many people in Kampala are looking for them in most electronic stores, but I would like to remind you, that you will always find same or even more mobile devices online for the lower price. At the end of this post you will find the average prices of Samsung Gravity phones.

Samsung Gravity T-steel mobile phone review

The Samsung Gravity T has a similar design to other Samsung touch-screen messenger phones, like the Samsung Messenger Touch for example. Measuring 4.29 inches long by 2.23 inches wide by 0.59 inch thick, the Gravity T mobile phone has a wide oval form factor, with a slightly curved back for a more comfortable feel in the hand. This does mean it rocks ever so slightly when it's resting on a flat surface, but we didn't find that to be a problem. At 4.23 ounces, the Gravity T Android phone is also not too heavy, and would fit easily in a large pocket or purse.

Samsung Gravity T-steel mobile phone bought from MoboFree.com
Samsung Gravity T-steel mobile phone bought from MoboFree.com

The Samsung Gravity T device has a rated battery life of 6 hours talk time and 16 days standby time. It has a tested talk time of 6 hours and 29 minutes. According to the FCC, the Gravity T has a digital SAR of 0.38 watt per kilogram.

Samsung Gravity Smart mobile device review

Of all the phones in Samsung's Gravity line, the Gravity Smart most resembles the Gravity T mobile phone, although it's a tad shorter and slimmer, and has some different design touches. More rounded at the base than at the top, the smartphone stands 4.5 inches tall by 2.3 inches wide and is 0.6 inch thick. Due in part to the built-in QWERTY keyboard, the Gravity Smart weighs 4.6 ounces. As phones go, it's on the short, thick, dense side. Since the phone's face is smaller, the Gravity Smart's 3.2-inch touch-screen display fits right in. Read more on QWERTY phones in my previous post: Samsung Qwerty phones: Specs and Price in Uganda

Samsung Gravity SMART phone design
Samsung Gravity SMART phone design

One of Android's best features is its ability to import and sync contacts from your various accounts like Gmail and Facebook. It's more or less seamless, but we usually have to manually reassociate some contacts after the fact. After that, you can keep adding contacts until you max out your phone's memory limit, an unlikely event. You can also store additional contacts on the phone's SIM card. There's support for groups, of course, and Android has a neat feature where you can swipe left and right over a contact's name in the address book to call or text.

Price

Samsung Gravity Smart price in Uganda is around 420 000 Ush;
Samsung Gravity T-steel mobile phone price - 260 000 Ush.
You can also compare different Samsung gravity phones’ prices online.

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 12:21