Android is popular with technology companies which require a ready-made, low-cost and customizable operating system for high-tech devices. With a user interface based on direct manipulation, Android is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Android devices account for more than half of smartphone sales in most markets, including the Uganda.
Android phones for sale
Android phones are very popular; therefore you can find them for sale in every bigger city of Uganda like Kampala or others. You can buy them in various prices, but they will always be more expensive for new phones than for the used ones. Therefore I suggest you always check marketplaces on the Internet like MoboFree, because there are much more cheaper products.
HTC One S Android phone specs and price in Uganda
• Design: The HTC One S has a smaller screen than the HTC One X at 4.3in rather than 4.7in. However, the body of the phone is only a few millimetres smaller. But it is a very thin and light phone at just 8.3mm and 120g.
• Hardware: Being a mid-ranged smartphone the HTC One S isn't equipped with a quad-core processor like the One X. Instead it’s fitted with a 1.5GHz dual-core chip with 1GB of RAM. So on paper it would seem not as fast as its bigger brother.
• Camera: Most people appreciate a good camera in their smartphone and the One S delivers good results in this area. It has an 8Mp rear-facing camera with 28mm lens, backside-illuminated (BSI) sensor for better low-light performance, an f/2.0 aperture and a dedicated imaging chip. The 640 x 480-pixel front-facing camera produces an adequate but grainy image for video chat.
• Price: This nice mobile gadget would cost you around 2.4 million Ush In Uganda. It is really high price, but I think it’s worth it.
HTC One S Android phone
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android phone
• Performance: It pairs a new Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor with a whopping 3GB RAM. More importantly in use the Note 3 feels slick and zippy. It's a truly fast phone.
• Design: The Note 3 is big, yes, but it feels slim. And it has that indefinable quality: I want to pick it up and use it. This is subjective of course, but in the past I've found Samsung phones - and the Galaxy Note models in particular - to feel plastic and cheap. Just my personal opinion.
• Display: This is a huge 5.7in screen with an HD resolution of 1920 x 1080. That gives it a world-class pixel density of 386ppi.
• Price: The price of this Android smartphone vary around 2.2 million Ush. On the other hand, there are many used Samsungs for sale, so I would choose the cheaper option.
If you would like to know more on mobile phones and other gadgets, then check my other forum posts! Samsung Galaxy mini phones: specs & price in Uganda or Samsung Galaxy S3: Specs and Price in Uganda
Also leave me comments and state your opinion about these mobile phones! Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 13:38