Ugandian forum: Phones, gadgets and apps - Samsung Corby - Specs and Price in Uganda
Share this topic
8 Aug 2014 16:55

Samsung S3653 (also known as Genio Touch and formally Samsung Corby) is a mobile phone that was released in October 2009 by Samsung. The phone is available in several different "colours" (limited for rear covers and side mechanical buttons) - White, Pink, Orange or Yellow. This Samsung Corby phone is an entry-level touchscreen mobile phone, which target audience is young people and it is quite popular in Uganda.

Where to buy Samsung Corby in Uganda?

This mobile gadget was released a long time ago, so it might be a problem to find it new at the phones shop in Kampala or other cities in Uganda. Therefore, I suggest you to look for it at some classifieds pages or online marketplaces. In case you won’t find it, there still are many other similar featured phones on sale.

Samsung Corby phone design

• This mobile device has interesting style and replaceable snap-on rear covers, and distinctive design curved back. This makes this Samsung phone comfortable to hold, but rocs slightly from side to side when paced on a table.
• The phone is available in four different "colours" (limited for rear covers and side mechanical buttons) - White, Pink, Orange or Yellow.
• Below the screen sit answer and end call buttons as well as a large back button. The positioning of back button is a little strange; it's where you'd normally expect a menu button or a navigational key.
• External volume controls on the left and hold and camera keys on the right round out the controls.

Samsung Corby design
Samsung Corby design

Samsung Corby S3653 features and more

PROS
• Display – 2.8 inches capacitive touchscreen
• Memory – micro SD up to 8 GB
• Camera – 2 MP
• Flash – LED
• Battery – talk time up to 9 hours
• Weight – 90g
• 2G connectivity is quite good
• Bluetooth
• USB connectivity
• This phone has social networking apps such as Facebook and Twitter
• Interface has no lags

CONS
• Unfortunately, there is a lack of 3G connectivity
• No GPS
• No Wi-Fi connection
• No accelerometer, so the orientation is always the same
• No standard headphone jack

Corby’s S3653 price in Uganda

The price of the brand new Samsung Corby mobile phone is around 222 000 UGX. In my opinion, this phone is not worth those money, because it lacks a lot of features like 3G connection, headphones jack, Wi-Fi, etc. So I would rather choose any other Samsung phone.

If you are looking for a phone, then you should also check my other posts on Samsung phones: Samsung Galaxy mini phones specs and price in Uganda.

Don’t forget to leave a comment about this phone and you can also mention what do you want me to review next time!

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 14:06