Ugandian forum: Computers - Latest Samsung Tablets in Uganda
Share this topic
8 Aug 2014 16:38

The Samsung Galaxy Tab is a line of upper mid-range Android-based tablet computers produced by Samsung and very popular in Uganda. The first model in the series, the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab, was first introduced on 2 September 2010. Since then there have been several models released, including models with 7.7, 8.9 and 10.1-inch displays. The Wi-Fi Tabs all include a GPS system whilst the 3G/ 4G Tabs include phone capability.

So today, let me introduce you to Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 – the latest Samsung Tablet Family with endless entertainment options, new multi-user mode and a fresh design!

Where to find Samsung Galaxy tab 4?

These tablets are very new products to the Ugandan market, therefore, you’ll have to search a lot to find them. They might be sold at online marketplaces and also you can check at electronics retail stores in Kampala.

The Galaxy Tab 4 series

refers to the fourth generation Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1 and are again aimed at budget markets while the Galaxy Tab Pro and Note Pro series taking over the Higher-end market. The Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1 were all announced ahead of the Mobile World Congress in April 2014. All 3 devices share a similar design language and some features:

• Processor Speed – 1.2 GHz
• System Memory – 1.5 GB
• Internal Storage Type – Flash Memory
• Front Facing Webcam – 1.3 MP
• Wi-Fi connection
• Bluetooth
• Operating System – Android 4.4 KitKat
• GPS – Google Maps
• Operating System Platform – Android

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 design
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 design

The main differences of these devices appear in sizes and types of the display, battery and storage capacity, let me review it separately:

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 – 520 000 Ush

• Battery Type – Lithium Polymer
• Display Type – HD touchscreen
• Screen Size – 7 inch
• Storage Capacity – 8 GB
• Wight – 9.6 oz. (with battery)

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 – 700 000 Ush

• Battery Type – Lithium-ion
• Display Type – HD touchscreen
• Screen Size – 8 inch
• Storage Capacity – 16 GB
• Wight – 11 oz. (with battery)

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 – 890 000 Ush

• Battery Type – Lithium Polymer
• Display Type – HD widescreen touchscreen
• Screen Size – 10.1 inch
• Storage Capacity – 16 GB
• Wight – 1.1 lbs. (with battery)

The Galaxy Tab 4 series refers to the fourth generation Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1 and are again aimed at budget markets while the Galaxy Tab Pro and Note Pro series taking over the Higher-end market. The Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1 were all announced ahead of the Mobile World Congress in April 2014. All 3 devices share a similar design language to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and other recently released Samsung devices. Also all of these tablets feature the same 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and 1.5GB RAM.

What is your opinion on these 3 devices? Which one would you choose? Tell me in the comment section! If you liked this review, then you can also check my other forum posts on tablets: Popular Samsung Tablet PC with Prices in Uganda.

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 14:19
31 Aug 2015 10:08

can i get galaxy tab 4 10inch at 650000ugsh,helg me