A new generation of small laptops - variously called mini-notebooks, ultra-small laptops, subnotebooks, ultra-portables, netbooks and probably something else tomorrow - that weighs less and costs is low come to market. So this time let’s get through 3 mini laptops on the market. There are the laptop prices in Uganda with every review . If you think, that this is too expensive for you, that’s not a problem! You can always find used laptops at online marketplaces like MoboFree! So, let’s start:
HP 2133 Mini-Note PC (Price 1 400 000Ush)
• Weighing 2.6 pounds, the 2133 is the second heaviest mini in this group, but with its AC adapter it weighs 3.3 pounds, as much as the bigger Eee PC 1000. Annoyingly, it requires a three-prong AC plug to charge up, which sooner or later will be frustrating.
• Its HP 2,590 mill-amp hour battery came up short, lasting only one hour and 40 minutes on a charge, the shortest of the bunch. The 2133 Mini-Note PC might find an audience in those who are taken by its looks and high-quality sound.
• At 1.1 inches thick, the 2133 fits comfortably in the hand. The system's footprint is a long and narrow 10.1 by 6.5 inches; it doesn't come with a case.
• For more HP laptops check online marketplaces.
Acer Aspire laptop (Price 1 000 000Ush)
• At 1 by 9.8 by 7.4 inches, the Aspire One is right in the middle of this group of mini-notebooks; bigger and slightly heavier than the Sylvania G Netbook but smaller and lighter than the Eee PC 1000. It weighs 2.2 pounds, but with the extended battery pack it came in at 2.5 pounds and ran for a class-leading five hours 15 minutes.
• Powered by a 1.6-GHz Intel Atom processor, the Aspire One has 1GB of system memory and 8GB of solid-state storage space, of which 6.4GB is available for files. This can't compare with the 104GB hard drive that the 2133 Mini-Note has and will quickly fill up, so you'll be well served by getting a memory key or flash card for more storage.
• Aspire One had the fastest times for starting up, opening an Acrobat file and printing a Word document. Paradoxically, it also ran for five hours and 15 minutes on a charge, the longest of this bunch of notebook runts and about three times longer than the 2133 Mini-Note. Even with the standard battery, the Aspire One would have outrun the 2133.
Asus Eee PC 1000 laptop (Price 1 400 000Ush)
Asus EEE 1000 laptop
• The Eee PC 1000's specs match that of the Aspire One almost perfectly with a 1.6-GHz Intel Atom processor and 1GB of system memory. But its solid-state flash memory can hold 40GB of data, files and programs, five times that of the Aspire One. Plus, the company includes 20GB of free online storage for archives, backups, and the flotsam and jetsam of a digital life.
• The EEE PC 1000 passed each of our compatibility tests and finished in the middle of the pack on the performance tests. The 6,600 milli-amp hour battery, the largest of the group, lasted for three hours 50 minutes, an hour and a half less than the five hours and 15 minutes of life the Aspire One got out of its smaller battery.
• Overall, it's an average thing. The Eee PC feels bloated, oversized and at 1 400 000Ush, expensive compared to the others. This Asus laptop pushes the limits of this new category but offers little more than a bigger window on the world.
If you liked this review, then check out my other forum posts about Latest Laptops with Prices in Kampala, Uganda
What do you think about these mini laptops? Which do you think is better – mini laptop or standard PC? I want to know your opinion, say it in the comments section so I could read this later! Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 14:36