Ugandian forum: Computers - Latest Laptops with Prices in Kampala, Uganda
Share this topic
7 Aug 2014 17:12

This time I’m going to present you several new PC which you can buy in Kampala and other Ugandan cities. If you didn’t find those laptops at your near electronics shop, then check some online marketplaces and even buy it cheaper! All of these PC are from different manufacturers – Asus, Toshiba, Dell and HP, so everyone can found their favourite one.

Asus X550LDV-XO610H review ( Price -2.6 mln Ush)

The X500 laptops range from Asus is designed to provide affordable laptops at 'everyday' prices. The cheaper pricing is probably helped by using cheaper chips – most of the models currently listed on Asus' website are using last-generation Intel Ivy Bridge processors from 2012.

Asus X550 laptop
Asus X550 laptop

• The X550LDV is housed in the same chassis as its predecessors, with a 15.6-inch screen and a built-in DVD drive that bulks it out to 31.7 mm thick and a weight of 2.3 kg.
• One reason it's a little more expensive than previous models in the range is that the X550LDV includes a discrete nVidia GeForce 820M graphics processor. That joins a dual-core Intel Core i5 processor running at 1.7GHz, and a healthy 8 GB of memory and 1 TB hard disk.
• Battery life wasn't bad either, giving us 5 hours 15 mins (315 minutes) of streaming video with its integrated graphics.

Toshiba Satellite S70-B-10N review (Price – 5mln Ush)

Yes, it is reaaaaaly expensive, but it’s because this is new. The S70 makes a good first impression with its smart black-and-silver trim. It's a little chunky at 33 mm thick, and with its 17.3-inch screen and built-in Blu-ray drive it weighs 2.7 kg, which is only slightly heavier than many 15-inch Windows laptops. It's no Ultrabook, but you can move it around at home or in the office without any trouble.

• Speed performance is impressive, though. The Satellite S70 is equipped with a quad-core Haswell-generation Intel Core i7 running at 2.4GHz, 16 GB of memory, a hybrid 1 TB hard drive that includes an 8 GB solid-state module. Graphics comprise an AMD Radeon HD8800M processor alongside Intel's integrated HD 4600 option.
• At screen-native 1920 x 1080 resolution with DirectX 11 and High graphics settings, the S70 still managed a perfectly playable 38 fps. We only had to step down to 1600 x 900 to then average a very smooth 50 fps. Toshiba also told us that it may upgrade the GPU to a newer Radeon R9 soon, so it’s worth double-checking the laptop’s specification before buying.
• Switching to the less power-hungry integrated graphics still only allowed us to get 3.5 hours (210 minutes) of streaming video, so battery life isn't poor. However, a laptop like this isn't going to go outdoors so often, and that should still allow you to give a presentation or watch a film without having to worry about the battery.

Dell XPS 15 review (Price – 3.4 mln Ush)

It might not have the eye-catching convertible design of its stablemate, the flipping-screen Dell XPS 12, but the 3200 x 1800 display of the latest version of the Dell XPS 15 ensures that it provides plenty of visual appeal of its own. With a weight of just 2.01 kg, it's also one of the lightest 15-inch laptops currently available.

• Dell's ‘QHD' screen that is the real eye-opener. With a resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels and 235 pixels per inch, the XPS 15 has a higher resolution than the Retina display of the MacBook Pro, at 2880 x 1800 and 220 ppi.
• There are two versions of the Dell XPS 15 currently available, with a quad-core Intel Core i7 running at 2.3 GHz, 16 GB memory and an nVidia GeForce GT 750M handling graphics duties.
• Arkham City at the full 3200 x 1800 resolution – which looked terrific, but only gave us 21 fps. Dropping down to 1920 x 1080 allowed the XPS 15 to hit a smooth 50 fps even with graphics details set to High.
• More Dell laptops you can find at online marketplaces like MoboFree.

HP Spectre 13 review (Price - 5.2mln ush)

The HP Spectre 13-3010ea is an expensive, thin-and-light laptop that is smart and good-looking. The key feature is a really big trackpad, so if you are looking for a laptop that is portable and easy to use, look no further. Here's our HP Spectre 13-3010ea review.

• Its 13.3-inch display is excellent, with a bright, colourful image that is so crisp and sharp that we initially assumed it must have a pixel-packed Retina display.
• The Spectre 13 is currently only available in a single configuration, with a dual-core Intel Core i5 running at 1.6 GHz, 8 GB of memory and 256 GB solid-state drive.
• However, the Spectre 13 compensated with usable battery life, giving us 7.5 hours (450 minutes) of streaming video.

If you are good at computers and have something more to say or comment, then be active on and state your opinion about these four devices in the comments section!

Also you can read more about laptops on my previous forum post: Best Laptops For School Or University And Their Prices in Uganda

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 14:39
2 Jan 2016 05:53

Hi, i read somewhere of dell vostro at 830k.
I need it if its brand new.
If its brand new, where and how can i pay ?