Ugandian forum: Computers - Cheap Laptops in Uganda for Less Than 600K
Share this topic
7 Aug 2014 15:52

Laptop computers, also known as notebooks, are portable computers that you can take with you and use in different environments. They include a screen, keyboard, and a trackpad or trackball, which serves as the mousfe. Because laptops are meant to be used on the go, they have a battery which allows them to operate without being plugged into a power outlet.

Laptops also include a power adapter that allows them to use power from an outlet and recharges the battery. If you are doing business in Uganda, you definitely need one! This time I will make you a laptop review for cheap devices with their features and prices in Kampala.

Dell Latitudes are made for professionals at a budget price. They are as good as other manufacturers’ laptops, for example: HP laptops, Samsung laptops or Acer laptops. They all are durable, light, long-lived and quick with computer tasks. Thy usually come with Windows 7 operational system, which is optimized to run well with minimal resource and powers consumption, therefore it is good to use in Uganda.

Dell Latitude D 430 Price 550K Ush

Dell helps drive the course of future industry innovation through a time-tested process that puts customers' needs first. Dell Latitude has all the features needed for a good laptop and looks solid. It is easy to carry it when travelling. This business laptop has a good battery, which helps to work long hours. It is also not very heavy, so comfortable to carry to the business meetings. It has a strong processor and number of connectivity options.

It has a WXGA display (1280 x 800 resolution), Integrated Smart Card Reader, Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and optional UPEK™ finger print reader. Wave Embassy™ Trust Suite by Wave Systems security software. This is just a few features of this laptop and it costs you about 550 000Ush in Uganda. This is the average price for such device.

Dell Latitude D 410 Price 450K Ush

This computer combines the business-class performance of the Latitude family with the convenience and portability of a light and impact from factor. It has a 1.280x800 matt display, which is very convenient while working outside or under the light. It has a good contrast and accurate colour reproduction, all the viewing angles are great, but the best view is when looking directly in front of the screen.
The features are: Intel Mobile Technology, Ultra-portable Design, long battery life, StrikeZone protection, D-family docking. And it’s cost is also good – only 450 000Ush.

Dell Latitude D 610 Price 450K Ush

This D610 computer device is a solid looking notebook — noticeably thicker and burlier than my old Presario 1710TW, and from what I’ve read thicker and more durable than the Latitude D600 that it replaced in Dell’s business notebook line-up. There is really not any flex when you pick the machine up by a corner, and the screen hinges are solid — the screen doesn’t wobble when you gently shake the notebook back and forth. The bezel surrounding the screen seems to be separated slightly near the bottom, although I didn’t notice this until after I read about it in online forums. A dust-cover for the ports in back and for the docking port underneath would have been nice.

Dell Lattitude D610 Design
Dell Lattitude D610 Design

Overall I give the D610 high marks for build quality. It’s price in Uganda is also very cheap – only 450 000Ush. You can compare its price and specs with other laptops online.

If you liked my post, then please check other posts about electronics: Tecno phones price and specifications in Uganda

Leave a comment on which laptop would you choose!

Edited by TechBoy / 25 Aug 2014 14:52
19 Aug 2014 22:58

Dell Latitude D410 i wnt it

30 May 2015 13:35

that D610 can u sell it at 300,000

1 Jun 2015 15:40

Great news,i need that dell D 610 where can i buy it from in uganda.mwerupeter@gmail.com