International forum: Education - WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE FOR ATTITUDE NOT SKILL?
Share this topic
14 Feb 2016 14:44

PREFER
MENU
WHAT WE
THINK
WHAT WE
DO
WHAT THEY
SAY
WHO WE
ARE
Attitude is everything
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE FOR ATTITUDE, NOT SKILL

It is a surprising fact .....

These facts are backed up showing that employers now prefer to hire applicants who have the right attitude, but an incomplete set of skills than those who have a powerful list of skills to show off, but do not have the correct attitude towards work.

Let’s say a person has the brains and skills to be a top executive in a company, but lacks a sense of camaraderie with co-workers. His attitude will most likely be a problem in the work place, which may force the company to let go of him.

More than anything else, companies treasure the balance in the work place and someone who might disrupt that balance has to go. This is why companies would rather hire a newbie who is enthusiastic to learn than a well-trained individual who has a bad attitude.

In an interview with employers from different industries, they all ranked commitment, trustworthiness, honesty, adaptability, accountability and loyalty as the top qualities they look for in applicants. These employers agreed that it is all about mindset. A person with the right attitude is more valuable than that of a person with a complete set of skills, but lacks the enthusiasm.

ARE YOU AGREES THAT ATTITUDE IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIRE THAN SKILLS?

Edited by _HANNAH_ / 14 Feb 2016 14:47
15 Feb 2016 09:30

Attitude is instilled in a person.. Skills can be learned .. I'd rather good attitude and less skills than having someone skilled but an arrogant idiot.

15 Feb 2016 09:56

Quote by nlime
Attitude is instilled in a person.. Skills can be learned .. I'd rather good attitude and less skills than having someone skilled but an arrogant

15 Feb 2016 14:58

Quote by nlime
Attitude is instilled in a person.. Skills can be learned .. I'd rather good attitude and less skills than having someone skilled but an arrogant idiot.

Ended niloooo