International forum: Other - Why are natural disasters always named after women e. g. hurricane Katrina
Share this topic
9 Feb 2016 21:23

10 Feb 2016 10:05
Post is hidden!
10 Feb 2016 10:10

Coz they bring nothing but trouble and chaos haha

10 Feb 2016 10:33

Because the other half of them have male names.

There is a predetermined list of storm names per region. The names go alphabetically, and alternate between male and female names. Thus exactly 50% of storms have female names.

If -- this is a big if -- more actual hurricanes recently have had female names, this is merely coincidence.

The list rotates and is recycled every six years. For example, the 2012 list will be re-used in 2018.

Will we see another Hurricane Sandy then? No, probably not. When a storm gains too much significance, the name is retired. This is why Katrina doesn't appear on the list.

10 Feb 2016 10:35

Edited by Hitu231. / 10 Feb 2016 10:45
10 Feb 2016 11:59
Post is hidden!
10 Feb 2016 16:02

Herein Philippines super typhoon yolanda that killed almost 10,000 aside from more than 1,200 missing still following the name of woman.

10 Feb 2016 16:06

After yolanda another typhoon after the name of woman..
I just came into my mind why always naming after the woman because of their character.
They are very unpredictable unlike men.
Typhoon too is unpredictable that sometimes people died because of unptedictable movement.

10 Feb 2016 17:23

Quote by nlime
Coz they bring nothing but trouble and chaos haha :lol

Thats too unfair names can be possess by any gender so don't laugh on our weaknesses we can bare a child like no 1 in this world so if u wanted to feel our chaos n troubles be a woman to all any men let see how u can handle it and be proud about ...it anyways woman strength are undisputed so watch and learn how woman handle it and rate it unto ur own capacity ...

Edited by china24 / 10 Feb 2016 17:28
10 Feb 2016 17:31

Quote by china24
Quote by nlime
Coz they bring nothing but trouble and chaos haha :lol

Thats too unfair names can be possess by any gender so don't laugh on our weaknesses we can bare a child like no 1 in this world so if u wanted to feel our chaos n troubles be a woman to all any men let see how u can handle it and be proud about ...it anyways woman strength are undisputed so watch and learn how woman handle it and rate it unto ur own capacity ... :war

Calm down my fighter
Always be ready for

10 Feb 2016 17:34

Quote by clixsters
I just came into my mind why always naming after the woman because of their character.
Typhoon too is unpredictable that sometimes people died because of unptedictable movement.

It means woman stronger

10 Feb 2016 17:38

Quote by glenjoy
Quote by clixsters

It means woman stronger :lol

Woman always stronger then man always sister

10 Feb 2016 17:39

Quote by _prettytiger_
Quote by Hitu231.
Because the other half of them have male names.

There is a predetermined list of storm names per region. The names go alphabetically, and alternate between male and female names. Thus exactly 50% of storms have female names.

If -- this is a big if -- more actual hurricanes recently have had female names, this is merely coincidence.

The list rotates and is recycled every six years. For example, the 2012 list will be re-used in 2018.

Will we see another Hurricane Sandy then? No, probably not. When a storm gains too much significance, the name is retired. This is why Katrina doesn't appear on the list.

_well searched :U

Thanks bunso
I know that process of why choose it girls name but
I m weak in english so cant explain it so i was search in google but still i m not setisfy with this answer

10 Feb 2016 17:44

Quote by Hitu231.
Quote by glenjoy
Quote by clixsters

till now am known that male and female both equal stronger but please bro don't insult males like that... Its shaming... Till my end I will say am not weaker than female...

10 Feb 2016 17:46

Quote by senseless_Scientist
Quote by Hitu231.
Quote by glenjoy

till now am known that male and female both equal stronger but please bro don't insult males like that... Its shaming... Till my end I will say am not weaker than female... :xe

Both r equal lol i m just given a courage to girls who feel that thay r weak

10 Feb 2016 17:51

Quote by Hitu231.
Quote by senseless_Scientist
Quote by Hitu231.

till now am known that male and female both equal stronger but please bro don't insult males like that... Its shaming... Till my end I will say am not weaker than female... :xe

Both r equal lol i m just given a courage to girls who feel that thay r weak

10 Feb 2016 21:28

woman can also be diseasrous

10 Feb 2016 23:00
Post is hidden!