International forum: Romance & Friendship - ^_^ HOW TO OVERCOME SHYNESS
Share this topic
25 Apr 2015 06:18

.. each person experiences his or her shyness in a unique way, the place to start when trying to overcome shyness is to gain some understanding of your own shyness...Begin by looking at what situations seem to make you feel shy,... and why.?
For example, do you become shy when meeting new people, or speaking to someone to whom you find yourself attracted?...or some other situation that you feel shy ...
Guyzz ...HOW TO OVERCOME SHYNESS

28 Apr 2015 09:42

I'm really shy nd mostly it comes when I meat girls in my class at university I dn't why but I ever feel this....

28 Apr 2015 09:44

Quote by Cute_Raja
I'm really shy nd mostly it comes when I meat girls in my class at university I dn't why but I ever feel this.... :lol

Cute_Raja great

28 Apr 2015 09:45

Quote by NababiVicky
Quote by Cute_Raja
I'm really shy nd mostly it comes when I meat girls in my class at university I dn't why but I ever feel this.... :lol

:haha

29 Apr 2015 02:39

1.Start with very, very small talk and simple actions: Getting your feet wet.
Shy people often report that they have trouble talking with people they have just met, particularly those people to whom they might feel attracted. A strategy for helping shy people to overcome this inhibition is to start with relatively non-threatening situations and very small talk. Non-threatening situations might include malls, museums, political rallies, or sporting events where you will have the opportunity to interact with a lot of people for a relatively brief period of time. In such interactions, you can start by smiling and saying something simple like "hello" to as many people as you care to make eye contact with and who will smile at you. Asking for simple directions, giving an unexpected compliment, or offering assistance (e.g., offer to hold a door) are three very simple ways to practice talking with people. Thus, the point here is to get used to talking with others.
2.Develop conversation skills: How to keep talking.
Shy people who have mastered the art of small talk can take the next step by developing their conversational skills (cf. Carducci, 1999). The trick to successful conversation is to have something to say. There are a number of very simple strategies that shy people can employ to make sure they have something to say. You can start by reading the newspaper or magazines and/or listening to information-based radio programs to such information sources is that they also give you the type of in-depth, "behind-the-headlines" analysis that is the basic substance of much social conversation. Shy people can also do their part to help keep the conversation going by asking open-ended questions that require more than a yes or no answer (e.g., What do you think of . . . ?).
3.Rehearse what you are going to say: Practice makes perfect.
Shy people who want to increase their confidence in the art of making conversation can prepare a "script" ahead of time, based on events that are most likely to be the topic of conversation at the social gathering, and rehearse it in the privacy of their own home in front of the mirror. For example, a shy individual going to a political rally might practice expressing his or her views on the political issues that are most likely to be brought up by others attending the rally.
4.Perform social graces: Give (kindness) and you shall receive (kindness).
Performing social graces is a safe way to facilitate social interactions. The performance of social graces might include giving a compliment or offering to get someone some refreshments as you are getting some for yourself. Shy people can maximize their likelihood for successful social interactions by looking for others who might appear shy, such as an individual who is standing or sitting alone and would welcome the opportunity to interact with someone.

29 Apr 2015 02:49

Quote by Amit786
1.Start with very, very small talk and simple actions: Getting your feet wet.
Shy people often report that they have trouble talking with people they have just met, particularly those people to whom they might feel attracted. A strategy for helping shy people to overcome this inhibition is to start with relatively non-threatening situations and very small talk. Non-threatening situations might include malls, museums, political rallies, or sporting events where you will have the opportunity to interact with a lot of people for a relatively brief period of time. In such interactions, you can start by smiling and saying something simple like "hello" to as many people as you care to make eye contact with and who will smile at you. Asking for simple directions, giving an unexpected compliment, or offering assistance (e.g., offer to hold a door) are three very simple ways to practice talking with people. Thus, the point here is to get used to talking with others.
2.Develop conversation skills: How to keep talking.
Shy people who have mastered the art of small talk can take the next step by developing their conversational skills (cf. Carducci, 1999). The trick to successful conversation is to have something to say. There are a number of very simple strategies that shy people can employ to make sure they have something to say. You can start by reading the newspaper or magazines and/or listening to information-based radio programs to such information sources is that they also give you the type of in-depth, "behind-the-headlines" analysis that is the basic substance of much social conversation. Shy people can also do their part to help keep the conversation going by asking open-ended questions that require more than a yes or no answer (e.g., What do you think of . . . ?).
3.Rehearse what you are going to say: Practice makes perfect.
Shy people who want to increase their confidence in the art of making conversation can prepare a "script" ahead of time, based on events that are most likely to be the topic of conversation at the social gathering, and rehearse it in the privacy of their own home in front of the mirror. For example, a shy individual going to a political rally might practice expressing his or her views on the political issues that are most likely to be brought up by others attending the rally.
4.Perform social graces: Give (kindness) and you shall receive (kindness).
Performing social graces is a safe way to facilitate social interactions. The performance of social graces might include giving a compliment or offering to get someone some refreshments as you are getting some for yourself. Shy people can maximize their likelihood for successful social interactions by looking for others who might appear shy, such as an individual who is standing or sitting alone and would welcome the opportunity to interact with someone.

Bro thnk u for ur one book shared tips and idea .
... I appreciated much