International forum: Health - ☆☆Difference Between Development and Growth☆☆
Share this topic
13 Apr 2015 16:12

Growth is different from development. But both are correlated and one is dependant on other

13 Apr 2015 16:40

True

13 Apr 2015 16:53

nice text

13 Apr 2015 16:57

Today this topic was controversially discussed in my school hehehe

well, development is internal or inner strength & enlargement of living organism or something biological before getting birth

And growth is physical maturation of biological organisms after getting birth here in this world

13 Apr 2015 17:25

Quote by Wafa-waseem
Today this topic was controversially discussed in my school hehehe

well, development is internal or inner strength & enlargement of living organism or something biological before getting birth

And growth is physical maturation of biological organisms after getting birth here in this world :)

Wafa-waseem you are absolutely right..... but I will tell difference clearly.... i was studies in 2011 at university my subject was Developmental Psychology....

13 Apr 2015 17:31

Growth is different from development. But both are correlated and one is dependant on other. We can say that growth is a part of development, which is limited in physical changes.

Growth is physical changes whereas development is overall development of the organism.

Main Differences between Development and Growth

(1) Growth is change of physical aspects of the organism. Development is overall changes and progressive changes of the organism.

(2) Growth is cellular but development is organizational.

(3) Growth is the change in shape, form, structure, size of the body. Development is structural change and functional progress of the body.

(4) Growth stops at maturation but development continues till death of the organism.

(5) Development also includes growth. Growth is a part of development.

(6) Growth and development go side by side.

(7) Growth and development is the joint product of heredity and environment.

(8) Growth is quantitative and development is qualitative in nature.

(9) Growth can be measured accurately but development is subjective interpretation of one’s change.

Both growth and development are interrelated aspects of psychology. There are some basic differences as per their structure but it is difficult to separate them. They have some basic similarities also.

13 Apr 2015 17:36

hehehe did you become psychologist then?
well, would you please elucidate the psychological difference between growth & development? how do you differentiate between them mydear?

13 Apr 2015 17:38
Post is hidden!
13 Apr 2015 17:38

Quote by Wafa-waseem
hehehe did you become psychologist then?
well, would you please elucidate the psychological difference between growth & development? how do you differentiate between them mydear? :)

Yes I had done my masters in Psychology.... I'll post it just wait bro....... see u

13 Apr 2015 18:18

I'm verily argumentative in the educational & religious discussions hehehe

notwithstanding you would have to differentiate between biology & psychology before clarifying the development or growth and their distinctions practically because we have no resemblance in the biological or psychological definitions between them, would you please?

13 Apr 2015 18:27

eh di..
read mode!

13 Apr 2015 18:42

How about those dwarf or giant people?... over growth and lack of growth?

Edited by Loqa02 / 13 Apr 2015 18:43
14 Apr 2015 10:00

Quote by Loqa02
How about those dwarf or giant people?... over growth and lack of growth? :lol