International forum: Romance & Friendship - Lies and Deception in Relationships
Share this topic
23 Mar 2014 18:07

You're supposed to care for the person you're in a relationship with.... right? So why do people constantly lie, cheat, and manipulate? What effect does this have on their bond? These are the things I want to know your honest opinions on friends. Please feel free to share your ideas here.

25 Mar 2014 05:30

Lies and cheating is the reality that no perfect relationship in this world.
Of course! It can damage the credibility of their relationship how long they can manage to be able to survived. Otherwise its end up to break up.

25 Mar 2014 06:16

Edited by quiete / 25 Mar 2014 06:18
25 Mar 2014 06:17

but sumtimes being honest can break a relationshp 4 instant..sumtimes i thnk that its better if he just lied to me than to be honest with me.

25 Mar 2014 06:55
Post is hidden!
25 Mar 2014 07:14

Quote by quiete
but sumtimes being honest can break a relationshp 4 instant..sumtimes i thnk that its better if he just lied to me than to be honest with me.

White lies is not bad neither it is good. Making lies with someone for good intention isn't bad. I think making lies always depend on our motive why we do it, and why I need to do it. If the motive is to protect the innocent people I'd rather to lied than to tell the truth.

Edited by clixsters / 25 Mar 2014 07:15
25 Mar 2014 07:31
Post is hidden!
25 Mar 2014 08:00

People lie for different reasons. Some lie to avoid facing the consequences of something they have done, or because it seems more convenient than telling the truth. Others lie in the hope of sparing someones feelings. No matter what the reason for lie, these people do not understand what the long term affect of their actions have on the person being lied to may be.
Telling a lie to someone who trusts you makes them doubt everything you have said in the past or will say in the future. Once you lie to someone who cares for you they must look at everything you say with suspicion never quite knowing whether they can take you at face value or not.
Doubting someone you love puts a strain on the relationship that never quite goes away. The person being lied too may feel the need to verify everything you say to them. Over time, this erodes the relationship. While one partner gets weary of not being able to trust their partner, the other partner begins to weary of never being trusted. Arguments can ensure, and even acting out of anger and a sense of frustration may occur making it even harder for trust to be reestablished.

25 Mar 2014 08:53
Post is hidden!