International forum: Other - How to Hold Back Tears?
Share this topic
19 Dec 2014 03:21

Although tears are a perfectly natural way to release tension, express emotion and get through a challenging situation, there are times when crying seems like the last thing you want to do. You might be afraid that the crying will show weakness or an inability to cope; or you might be embarrassed about crying when everyone else seems to be toughing things out. Whatever your reason for not wanting to cry, holding back tears is often not easy. However, you can try some of the ideas here and maybe even train yourself to not cry in some situations.

19 Dec 2014 15:21
Post is hidden!
19 Dec 2014 15:56

Never ask crying person not to cry ask them cry! cry!coz when you cry you 4get what made you cry. Crying is medicine to our hearts

Edited by 0705189373 / 13 Jan 2015 12:33
19 Dec 2014 15:57

i cant hold my tears....coz tears my failed down according to my feelings...if i hold then maybe feels me bad...tears is simpliest way of releasing ur bad or good feelings....

19 Dec 2014 17:00

drops of your tears are your doctors that operates u & bring about a relief when someone you love tears you down into pieces ....

19 Dec 2014 18:02

I'm pretendingly smiling here with my friends but If you will ask about my inner feelings, tears will start to fall down from my eyes. It seems most difficult to hold back my tears whenever I cry in the loneliness, depression or painful feelings of the world (tubah-nim) I also want to know the real answer of this question (how to hold back the tears?)

19 Dec 2014 18:09

Consider why you feel a need to hold back tears. It might just be that you don't actually need to bother if you realize that crying is a normal and appropriate reaction much of the time. What is the occasion? In some cases, it's perfectly fine to cry, such as at a funeral, when you receive bad news or when you are feeling sad. In other situations, crying can have a bad outcome, such as during a job interview, when trying to prove you're capable during training or testing, showing you can work well under pressure. These latter examples are about being tested, while the earlier examples are related to your life in general, the realities of emotions that all human beings feel.

Accept that crying has its place. It is a human reaction to a difficult, sad, disappointing, overwhelming and even happy situation. Tears are a form of release and, for some people, they are better than talking things out. In other words, don't aim to hold back tears on account of trying to seem tough or strong. Strong people do cry and are healthier for it!

Most people will understand why you need to cry.

Make sure you need to hold back tears in a given situation. Keeping a "stiff upper lip" out of vanity or stubbornness can be exhausting; it can also frustrate those closest to you. Letting people see that you are human can make relationships feel closer. It can also help others feel more connected to and empathetic with you.

19 Dec 2014 18:36

I'm not good at this...

19 Dec 2014 18:44

when im very angry, i get teary.. when im very happy, i also get teary!... i cant hold it, i just let it go

19 Dec 2014 23:31

experts of crying can say much & much .. me? i smile! & on z course my lyf wat i had learnt is wnever i cry, i cry nt forever .. & dat means i smile thenafter ...

19 Dec 2014 23:33

hide ur tears from ur enemy & show ur courage to ur real ones

20 Dec 2014 00:09

let have your heart sees your lord and the tears will have the key to heaven

22 Dec 2014 04:37

Holding back ur tears is like killing urself from the inside..just let it go,and sing the frozen song

13 Jan 2015 10:48

Quote by Wafa-waseem
I'm pretendingly smiling here with my friends but If you will ask about my inner feelings, tears will start to fall down from my eyes. It seems most difficult to hold back my tears whenever I cry in the loneliness, depression or painful feelings of the world (tubah-nim) I also want to know the real answer of this question (how to hold back the tears?)

there u g0... let it all slide out..unhappiness cant stick in a pers0n's s0ul when it's slick with tears..