International forum: Other - Tips for Identifying Fake Online Profiles
Share this topic
24 Oct 2014 06:18

before falling hard for an online-only acquaintance, here are a few tips, to help you detect fraudulent profiles on social networkingand dating sites.
1. The perfect person is not a real person. A supermodel or retouched profile photo should raise the first red flag.
2. Be wary if the profile describes a personality that complements your own or is too good to be true. Often, imposters will create interests and activities that mirror your own in order to start a conversation.
3. Check how many friends and followers are listed in the person's network. The average Facebook user has 130 friends. An imposter will often have significantly fewer.
4. Determine whether any of your "mutual friends" have actually met your newest online acquaintance in person.
5. Peruse posted pictures and albums carefully. A real person will often have pictures with friends and family, who will have tagged and commented on photos.By contrast, imposters will often use modeling photos featuring only glamorous shots of the individual rather than group photos.
6. Don't be tricked if your friend has multiple people who vouch for him or her online. One person can easily make multiple accounts to make it appear as if there is a support network of family and friends.
7. Imposters will often try to interact with your own friends and family members to create a broader sense of familiarity and build up a broader network of trust.
8. Finally, if you've been harmed by someone who posted a fake profile, report it to site monitors and authorities. Although it may be humiliating to be duped online, authorities will be able to identify imposters and close their accounts more quickly than you working independently.

24 Oct 2014 10:51
Post is hidden!
24 Oct 2014 10:56

Thank you Amit

Edited by christine123 / 24 Oct 2014 11:20
24 Oct 2014 11:06

..thnkz bro

24 Oct 2014 11:26

You are welcome sis.

24 Oct 2014 11:28
Post is hidden!
24 Oct 2014 11:29

Oh great Thank you

24 Oct 2014 11:41

If the same pc used by several members of family and a few workers of the Company, this means they are fake users

24 Oct 2014 11:49

i dnt have idea

if u have doubt on my reality jst ask me to have skype...

24 Oct 2014 11:50
Post is hidden!
24 Oct 2014 12:00

Quote by Asta1
If the same pc used by several members of family and a few workers of the Company, this means they are fake users :hm

thanks for p0sting your idea here friend.

24 Oct 2014 12:14

Quote by ladyihzai
..thnkz bro :U

sis

24 Oct 2014 12:25

Well if you fall inlove online your gonna fall inlove to his or her personality first before his or her dammmm look. But in reall life your gonna love his or her damm look 1st before his her personality.

24 Oct 2014 12:49

Yessssss!

24 Oct 2014 19:51

check he has fb or skype

24 Oct 2014 20:06

speaking for myself i have one and have always had cos i was brought to this net work by my fiance. we nave other channels of communicating and meeting. we call since i am in west africa now visit and use church social net work very save and no funny ppl.

24 Oct 2014 20:12

besides he has only six but on my church one i have close to two thosand world wide same ministry and he has numerous too cos we share same belives thoghts etc even socially it is just as fb. we love we cry we marry we rejoice we date and announce relationships to be known by all and no bickering over men instead you r peayed for and encouraged. that is brotherly and sisterly love.

24 Oct 2014 20:14

yes he has skype and linkendin so do i

24 Oct 2014 20:17

i use work one but make sure i log in and out.

24 Oct 2014 20:21

well looks mean noting if you r looking for some seriouse. i could be the prettiest to walk the earth but wit a filthy wicked competitive spirit which js short cut to hell for you