International forum: Romance & Friendship - Why Do People Take Online "Friends" So Seriously?
Share this topic
18 Oct 2014 04:28

I have online friends that I enjoy playing games with and talk to, but I won't go QQ over them if they were to disappear.
Even worse is when a friend of mine wants to stop talking to this person on his/her chat site. Instead of being blunt about it by telling them that he/she simply don't want to stay in touch, he/she uses an EXCUSE for it to seem harmless, almost as if he/she doesn't want to hurt their feelings.
Seriously? WHY is it so hard for some people to just block? THEY ARE ONLINE! You don't know them IRL and you probably never will! What are you afraid of, hmm? That they're gonna look you up and beat the living shit out of you? And if you're afraid of hurting their feelings, please. Don't be. They probably don't give a damn.
Since people seem to FAIL to get it: I UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE HAVE FRIENDS ONLINE. SO DO I. WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THE ATTACHMENT TO THEM.
Friends post your views about it.

20 Oct 2014 12:35

They're still real people. And you are having a very real communication / friendship with those people if you spend time with them, talking to them and doing stuff together even if it's "just online" - that doesn't change the fact it's a very real connection between very real people. And that should be respectable just the same.

Edited by christine123 / 20 Oct 2014 12:36
20 Oct 2014 12:38

Friend is a friend, don't see why it is so important have you met him in real life or online, and then you should just treat them as your real life friends.

Edited by christine123 / 20 Oct 2014 12:42
20 Oct 2014 12:55

Am online coz I want tlk all my frnds here simply ! Evn thy were not meet them in real we knwn dat the value of frndshp...thy mek me happy to see them here evryday and also my love N here !..I dnt want to waste my time to maniac and scamer user,..And our favorte hangout is chat room pinoy if thy r all online Den wiv enjoyng so much in ther...

Edited by ladyihzai / 20 Oct 2014 12:58
20 Oct 2014 14:47

20 Oct 2014 19:20
Post is hidden!
22 Oct 2014 12:12

Quote by ladyihzai
Am online coz I want tlk all my frnds here simply ! Evn thy were not meet them in real we knwn dat the value of frndshp...thy mek me happy to see them here evryday and also my love N here !..I dnt want to waste my time to maniac and scamer user,..And our favorte hangout is chat room pinoy if thy r all online Den wiv enjoyng so much in ther...

thanks to post your honest ideas friend

25 Oct 2014 01:34

it maybe too difficult to determine how real and true people are if u just met them online and infact even u were informed with their profiles it isnt still an assurance of sincerity.thus , our hearts connects on them and they becomes a part of us and thats what make them special.

25 Oct 2014 01:59
Post is hidden!
25 Oct 2014 02:03

Because that's how you want to be treated

25 Oct 2014 02:14
Post is hidden!
25 Oct 2014 02:31

The online friendship is very important because you can meet them may be in real life and you will not be strangers

25 Oct 2014 06:46

I think it's depends on both parties how they will treasure their friendship.
Online or offline has no big difference.

You will know them at the very first time of your conversation.
Unless you don't mind about what is the value of first impression.

25 Oct 2014 07:02

Quote by clixsters
I think it's depends on both parties how they will treasure their friendship.
Online or offline has no big difference.

You will know them at the very first time of your conversation.
Unless you don't mind about what is the value of first impression. :)

Yeah ur ryt ! Bozz

25 Oct 2014 07:08

i xperienced to meet some of my online frnds here in hk and we are all girls really njoy,so much fun..but i didnt xperienced to eb in a guy yet....hopefully soon...

25 Oct 2014 07:12
Post is hidden!
25 Oct 2014 07:18

I dont take them seriously but they are people who want to be noticed..whether the are fake or not.its their own karma!

25 Oct 2014 07:37

Quote by azale2477
i xperienced to meet some of my online frnds here in hk and we are all girls really njoy,so much fun..but i didnt xperienced to eb in a guy yet....hopefully soon... :D

Dai flawless am waiting u to meet me... Ali -Ali ??

25 Oct 2014 08:35

Characters brings you out as a person if you take them serious and trust they will also do same unto you 1st we learn then socialize understand ending up being frnds

25 Oct 2014 09:04

I PERSONALY CAN NEVER TAKE AN ONLINE FRIEND SERIOUSE. THERE SLIM CHANCES OFNE VER MEETING THAT PERSON OR THAT PERSON JUST WANTS TO WHILE TIME BY CHATTING AND FLIRTING. HE/ SHE COULD BE IN A RELATIONSHIP. HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE PERSON? NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. I COULD BE ELOQUENT ENOUGH TO IMPRESS BUT DEEP DOWN I KNOW I HAVE MY LOVE. IT PUZZLES ME WEN PPL BECOME UP BEAT OVER A PERSON YOU MEET FOR HARDLY SIX MONTHS AND INTERUPTED SIX MONTHS AND YOU CREATE ENEMIES. HMM THAT IS NOT WISDOM.