International forum: Other - Why Some Groping Victims Stay Silent
Share this topic
2 Aug 2014 15:51

Why women don't do anything when being groped? Perhaps it’s because they were being abused by professionals. A groper doesn’t strike just once. He repeats his depravity so often that he knows how to prey on the various conditions that allow him to go unpunished—surprise, uncertainty, fear, and shame.

2 Aug 2014 15:52

Predators rely on the silence and shock of their victims in order to get away with their assaults - indeed, it is part of the revolting thrill for them.

5 Aug 2014 12:35

Sometimes, though, victims are also unsure whether a crime of touching in an unappropriate way has been committed. The law here is actually fairly straight-forward: as soon as a person makes contact with someone in a sexual manner without consent — which can include pressing up against someone — that is sexual assault.

5 Aug 2014 12:36

There is no single, correct way to respond to harassment. But police advice is to try to extricate yourself from the situation, ask for help from other passengers and call the Police.

5 Aug 2014 12:37

Gropers are trying to humiliate you into staying silent. If you feel able, make other passengers aware: calmly relay exactly what is happening and identify the groper.
If you have a bag, use it to put some distance between yourself and the groper. It communicates to them that you won’t tolerate what’s happening. If you’re able to, consider taking a photo of the perpetrator.
If you’re above ground, make a call and refuse to engage. Many perpetrators are excited by the distress they’re causing by isolating you: making a call makes you less alone and simulates apathy for what is taking place in front of you.

5 Aug 2014 17:06

Friends what is your opinion? Should a groping victim react or stay silent?

5 Aug 2014 17:27
Post is hidden!
5 Aug 2014 17:35

Quote by Creepyfac3
gr0per means s0me0ne wh0 is taking advantage physically in malici0us way in a cr0wded place where their acts w0nt be 0bvi0us.

thanks for p0sting y0ur valuable c0mment h0n

5 Aug 2014 17:39
Post is hidden!
5 Aug 2014 17:51

Quote by Creepyfac3
pe0ple like ths will certainly try his acts 0f lascivi0usness anyh0w,we cnt st0p them frm d0ing thts especialy in a cr0wded places.as a girl i suggest tht we sh0uldnt wear 2 sexy dresses in much cr0wded places c0s 4 sure it wil just catch the eyes 0f the gr0pers.make sure y0u are away frm gr0up 0f guys in such cr0wded place and be al0ng with gr0up 0f girls instead.

Thanks f0r p0sting y0ur h0nest 0pini0n h0n

8 Aug 2014 14:43

plz share your honest ideas here

13 Oct 2014 18:10

13 Oct 2014 18:41

WHY SOME GROPING VICTIMS STAY SILENT..... there are many reasons mybe she got tromatize and she dont want it to remember again, 2nd she needs to sacrifices her reputation admit it not all people capable to understand your situation they will think your dirty woman now,,, and the respect on people 2 u will be lessen,,, but for me do the right descion in this case we woman should be strong in all the bad things happen to us never give up Girls dont let anyone to destroy you

13 Oct 2014 18:47

Quote by Princess_Sharu
WHY SOME GROPING VICTIMS STAY SILENT..... there are many reasons mybe she got tromatize and she dont want it to remember again, 2nd she needs to sacrifices her reputation admit it not all people capable to understand your situation they will think your dirty woman now,,, and the respect on people 2 u will be lessen,,, but for me do the right descion in this case we woman should be strong in all the bad things happen to us never give up Girls dont let anyone to destroy you :angel

thanks sayang for expressing your h0nest idea

13 Oct 2014 19:37

A groping victim should always speak up. I regret not doing so because I have been groped twice before and I was sent to special victims unit. But I am glad that I told the officer that a man had touched me inappropriately which made me extremely uncomfortable. So all groping victims should speak up because if they stayed silent, the police might think the victim was asking for it.

13 Oct 2014 21:04

Quote by BlackDahlia14
A groping victim should always speak up. I regret not doing so because I have been groped twice before and I was sent to special victims unit. But I am glad that I told the officer that a man had touched me inappropriately which made me extremely uncomfortable. So all groping victims should speak up because if they stayed silent, the police might think the victim was asking for it.

thanks for your honest post friend.

26 Oct 2014 04:35

Quote by Princess_Sharu
WHY SOME GROPING VICTIMS STAY SILENT..... there are many reasons mybe she got tromatize and she dont want it to remember again, 2nd she needs to sacrifices her reputation admit it not all people capable to understand your situation they will think your dirty woman now,,, and the respect on people 2 u will be lessen,,, but for me do the right descion in this case we woman should be strong in all the bad things happen to us never give up Girls dont let anyone to destroy you :angel

i agree sayang

1350 online
Sports news
ITTF Nigeria Open: Assar Thanks Lagos Fans For Support
Egypt table tennis star, Omar Assar, has...
Excited Ike Uche Extends Gimnastic de Tarragona Stay Until 2019
By Johnny Edward: Former Super Eagles st...
CHAN Eagles: Yusuf Calls Up Plateau Captain Golbe For Suspended Okogbue
By Johnny Edward: Super Eagles assistant...