International forum: Literature - Huge decline in book reading
Share this topic
16 Feb 2014 10:36

There was a time, where book reading was a part of daily activity in everybodies life.It was a hobby. But now a days, people are getting more and more dependent on technology. Other than the academic books we are not finding time to read or even show interest in other books.
In those days, television, radio were the assets of the richest class and books were the only entertainment which served all the class. As people are getting more civilized, advanced in technology, they are not considering reading books as important.
All of us in this busy world should take little time to read books. There are different categories of books available, fiction, non-fiction, detective, comics, autobiography and many more…. We get know so many things by reading books. Autobiographies and biographies reveals the lives of many great people, which gives us inspiration to achieve something in life.
We should also make children start reading books at a very young age, which in turn improves their language skills and also creates interest in reading books. Nowadays children spend their maximum time watching television due to which they develop eye problems. Instead of which they should be encouraged to read books such as comics, story books etc….

16 Feb 2014 10:37

Reading is the best way to relax and even six minutes can be enough to reduce the stress levels
And it works better and faster than other methods to calm frazzled nerves such as listening to music, going for a walk or settling down with a cup of tea,
because the human mind has to concentrate on reading and the distraction of being taken into a literary world eases the tensions in muscles and the heart.

17 Feb 2014 03:55

New technologies are nothing but harmful things for our mind & eyes! If we really want to learn something from books, then purchase them as papers & read lonely. No Television, Media, Technology, Internet, nor something else.

17 Feb 2014 06:39
Post is hidden!
17 Feb 2014 09:27

I love books.. Im a "bookworm" :D... regardless of technological advancement, I still prefer to read books.. my day isnt complete without reading one..

10 Aug 2014 01:31

Cruel colonialism of digital world

21 Aug 2014 07:06

859 online
Sports news
Kanu Mourns: I’ve Lost An Irreplaceable Mother
  Exclusive By Sab Osuji in Arochukwu: N...
Kanu: Falcons Have Quality To Beat Indomitable Lionesses
  By Sab Osuji in Arochukwu: Nwankwo Kan...
NPFL SUPER 4 Hosting Pleases Enugu State Governor
  By Sab Osuji: Enugu state governor, If...