International forum: Romance & Friendship - Relationships and the Silent Treatment
Share this topic
12 Jul 2014 02:10

Does your intimate partner use the silent treatment when upset about something? The silent treatment or "stonewalling" refers to someone who is letting you know that something is wrong without telling you why. If you ask if anything is wrong, you are met with silence. There is no explanation, no response of any kind, only stony silence.
Too many people, within the context of their intimate relationship, seem to believe that their partner can read their mind. In other words, there is an incorrect notion that you should know why he or she is upset. Most often, the recipient of the silence is left with feelings of confusion and exasperation as they try to resolve the problem. However, how can someone resolve a problem when they do not know what is wrong? What are your experiences with the silent treatment? Your comments are strongly encouraged.

12 Jul 2014 02:13

Friends plz let us discuss it is a good thing or bad thing? Plz share your ideas.

12 Jul 2014 02:32
Post is hidden!
12 Jul 2014 02:39

its better to talk about the problem than to keep silent always. Because silence is not always the solution for that . You didn't notice the problem you've always ignore or keep silence turn to bigger and bigger (smaller to bigger ) . Untill both of you always fight for that matter.So my advice ,its better to talk about the problems than to say or act keep silence.In any problem its better to face the problem and resolve it

Edited by gara25 / 12 Jul 2014 02:51
12 Jul 2014 02:48

Nah silent treatment not good cuz u cant fix or work on wats bothering them and u get frustrated and makes the problem worse

Edited by .Ryan / 12 Jul 2014 02:54
12 Jul 2014 03:07
Post is hidden!
12 Jul 2014 03:11

I do it when you come online in they act like they don't no your on that's hurtful in they get what they deserve.

12 Jul 2014 04:15

Better Break the ice Before you Break_up and must say

12 Jul 2014 04:51
Post is hidden!
12 Jul 2014 04:52

I need a good relationship that will leading to marriage

12 Jul 2014 09:20
Post is hidden!
12 Jul 2014 10:02

Quote by mitze
Quote by Amit786

Does your intimate partner use the silent treatment when upset about something? The silent treatment or "stonewalling" refers to someone who is letting you know that something is wrong without telling you why. If you ask if anything is wrong, you are met with silence. There is no explanation, no response of any kind, only stony silence.
Too many people, within the context of their intimate relationship, seem to believe that their partner can read their mind. In other words, there is an incorrect notion that you should know why he or she is upset. Most often, the recipient of the silence is left with feelings of confusion and exasperation as they try to resolve the problem. However, how can someone resolve a problem when they do not know what is wrong? What are your experiences with the silent treatment? Your comments are strongly encouraged.

I’m no expert but I do love my honey and will I give him the silent treatment , i dont want to hurt him while im angry i know my attitude I can't control my mind and surely talk a hurting words so I keep silent the moment if he will asked what happened what problem ? I only say I dunno , don't talk to me now . , I could say it can sometimes be a little difficult to handle some situations like this ,Using the silent treatment is something that can both help and hurt the situation, bu t the key is choosing when is the best time to use it. when my anger is gone or we both is calm that time I told him everything, . And we fight but in joking way hehe (anyway I say I am not expert on this and this I learned from a friend who always have good advice to me , I will say thanks to him. :)

nice linesa

12 Jul 2014 10:07

Quote by gara25
its better to talk about the problem than to keep silent always. Because silence is not always the solution for that . You didn't notice the problem you've always ignore or keep silence turn to bigger and bigger (smaller to bigger ) . Untill both of you always fight for that matter.So my advice ,its better to talk about the problems than to say or act keep silence.In any problem its better to face the problem and resolve it

Im agree wid gara.

12 Jul 2014 10:31

silent treatments is dengerous because the more you keep quiet the more it hurts you inside best you talk it over and find a lasting solution to the problem

12 Jul 2014 10:52

Silence is the best way to keep away fr0m problems. Never reply when u angry cos u may say things who cn hurt yr partner deeply, thats why we sumetymz keep silent, cos once wordz is sp0ken u cant take them back.

12 Jul 2014 13:06
Post is hidden!
12 Jul 2014 13:33

Communication is the way to solve the problem.

12 Jul 2014 21:34

Be Silent yourself, that will induce Silence in others. Do not fall into the habit of shouting, talking long and loud. Reduce contacts to the minimum. Carry with you an atmosphere of quiet contemplation, wherever you happen to be. The less you talk, the more will become your mental power. With the increase in your mental capacity, there will be increase in your power of discrimination too. Consequently, you will give up individual discrimination . Because of this, you will begin to consider the good of the world at large rather than your own individual welfare. You must cultivate such broad feelings from this young age itself.