International forum: Romance & Friendship - Do you believe the concept of emotional cheating?
Share this topic
16 Jun 2014 04:00

You like each other, you feel good when you’re together, you like talking to him/her and exchanging intimate, funny or even sexy e-mails. He/she gets you. You joke, you flirt, you dress nicer when you meet him/her for lunch or drinks, you write long e-mails or tap out furtive text messages. The problem? He/she is not your husband/wife, and your husband/wife doesn’t know about this guy/girl—whether he/she is your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend from college, your Facebook friend or your coworker. Is this the start of a beautiful (and innocent) friendship, or the beginning of the end of your marriage? And if there’s no sex, can you really call it infidelity? Yes—
emotional infidelity. What's your opinion friends?

16 Jun 2014 04:07

Basically, emotional affairs occur when one partner is channeling physical or emotional energy, time and attention into someone other than the person they are in a committed relationship with to the point that their partner feels neglected.
What makes it such a big deal, if there’s no sex?
The relationship-damaging factor of affairs, it turns out, is far less about sex than it is about the total package of deception. Most people, can recover from sexual infidelity more readily than from the fact that they were lied to.

16 Jun 2014 06:20

It starts off as something so simple probably even innocent, but the consequences can be devastating.

16 Jun 2014 07:04

Quote by Sophia18
It starts off as something so simple probably even innocent, but the consequences can be devastating.
for sharing your h0nest idea friend

Edited by Amit786 / 16 Jun 2014 07:05
16 Jun 2014 08:39

Quote by Sophia18
I agree with you friend.

16 Jun 2014 09:26
Post is hidden!
16 Jun 2014 09:29

Quote by Creepyfac3
being a married person there should be friendship limitations cos an affair always starts being friends...if a married person feels this special towards another man/woman then i can say that she/he doesnt have enough love anymore for her/his partner....to be plain friends maybe just normal but as time goes by there is always a tendency that they both slowly fall for each other....if you are already married then i think you shouldnt get much close to any other man/woman in respect to your wife/husband.

thank you s0 much f0r sharing y0ur h0nest ideas here h0ney

9 Nov 2014 17:43

Quote by Creepyfac3
being a married person there should be friendship limitations cos an affair always starts being friends...if a married person feels this special towards another man/woman then i can say that she/he doesnt have enough love anymore for her/his partner....to be plain friends maybe just normal but as time goes by there is always a tendency that they both slowly fall for each other....if you are already married then i think you shouldnt get much close to any other man/woman in respect to your wife/husband.

29 Mar 2015 02:32

What is your opinion?

1 Apr 2015 12:32

This emotional cheating can drive people crazy so it's best you decide beforehand what level of emotional investment you are going to have with your partner and be at the same level so they know how far they can go

Edited by Yardbirdblue / 1 Apr 2015 12:35