Nigerian forum: Religion - why do black men find it hard to receive anything from someone's left hand
Share this topic
28 Apr 2016 21:11

We nigeria always pick offense whenever someone uses his or her left to give us something, if left hand was a bad thing God would not attach it to our body.

29 Apr 2016 10:09
Post is hidden!
29 Apr 2016 13:01

i also want to know why

29 Apr 2016 13:26

It's nt dat using left hand 2 gv persn sometin is nt gud,bt we ourself,especially our elders beliv it's d sign of disrespecting some1,(2ndly) if some1 use his/her left hand 2 drop sometin somewhr,it mostly 4gtn dan d 1 u use right hand 4,i tink dat's d reason

29 Apr 2016 18:16

I think them old men should ask God to cut off the hand becos its a serious problem

29 Apr 2016 20:41

Using left hand to give someone something is a sign of disrespect because if you are not a lefty it will be very difficult for you to do something with your left hand for example writing,eating and so on for me it shows disrespect

30 Apr 2016 02:48

I think everybody believe it's a bad luck

30 Apr 2016 16:44

Quote by otoidejonathan
even me want to know the reason. I remember how my p.man always screw me whenever I tried given him something through left hands.

I guess it because left hand shows a sign of disrespect. and base on African belief and traditional it more proper to use right hand.

That's is just the point.. Left is a sign disrespect and indiscipline

30 Apr 2016 17:04

Some say its disrespect

30 Apr 2016 17:10

*The bible said, when offering, let your left hand don't know what your right hand is giving.
*The bible said, when Jesus ascended into heaven, he seated @ the right hand of the father.
*The bible also said, On the judgement day, the children of God will be on the right hand and those of Satan will be on the left hand.
Spiritually, if yu want to pick up charm so as not affect you, you use left hand. Likewise, left hand is used in dropping charm. After defeacating, you use your left hand to wipe your anus.
* Based on this, how can you use left hand to give something to an elder? It depicts insult, indiscipline and the likes

30 Apr 2016 20:01

It is becos there is always a right way of doing things in life

30 Apr 2016 23:12

What someone told me is that when you go to the toilet it is the left hand that is used to wash up that is why Africans or our forefathers dont like receiving things from the left hand.

1 May 2016 01:41

it just a believe,culture,tradition may i should say norm of an africans or may be the Naija way of life

1 May 2016 10:30

Quote by Tonyiloka1
*The bible said, when offering, let your left hand don't know what your right hand is giving.
*The bible said, when Jesus ascended into heaven, he seated @ the right hand of the father.
*The bible also said, On the judgement day, the children of God will be on the right hand and those of Satan will be on the left hand.
Spiritually, if yu want to pick up charm so as not affect you, you use left hand. Likewise, left hand is used in dropping charm. After defeacating, you use your left hand to wipe your anus.
* Based on this, how can you use left hand to give something to an elder? It depicts insult, indiscipline and the likes

U are right 2 d point, that's just it

1 May 2016 10:30

Dat is is place of culture and custom in Africa most in Nigeria especially in Yoruba culture if U are nt a lefty and u give or collect something with ur left hand it is a sign of disrespect and an evidence to prove dat such a person lacks manner and home training.And more so we do belief dat left mens negative

1 May 2016 10:35

And more so according to what u said all parts of our body is good and useful bt u av to know dat d way U use each part of ur body give d perfect description of U are realy are.Ur character say who u are and each parts of ur body is used towards ur character

1 May 2016 11:44

May I make my contribution. Well, from biblical interpretation, the left speaks of judgement, speaks of disrespect, speaks of curse, speaks of bad. Elders dislike it when the left hand is used, based on the premise of disrespect. However, the only exceptional case here, is when someone is a left-handed person. Also, out of a thing of culture as Africans.

1 May 2016 23:13

Quote by "Tonyiloka1"

20 May 2016 12:18

when that person is using left hand, whats the solution?

13 Aug 2016 22:15

Using Left Hand Is Very Bad Is A Sign Of Badluck And Disrespect