Nigerian forum: Romance & Friendship - HOW MUCH DOES DOWRY COST IN YOUR CULTURE?
Share this topic
22 Feb 2016 20:16

The commonest anthem in the world today is marriage.If a guy meets a lady,the next item is:'l would like to marry you'.But we should not forget that before either a woman or a man could proudly say that he or she is married, is when the dowry have been paid.But some cultures' exhobitant dowry is depriving their sons and daughters from getting wives from their own ethnic groups, instead they marry from other ethnic groups where their dowries are cheaper. In my culture,the dowry is 12 shinings but since we no longer get shillings, we now changed it to N120. This is the main pride price in my culture.HOW MUCH IS YOURS?

23 Feb 2016 10:28

No price is given instead law and warning is given

23 Feb 2016 10:30

Of what ?

23 Feb 2016 12:56

Our is #120 nd 20 will later be refunded to d man as change

23 Feb 2016 13:24

Quote by AGMS
The commonest anthem in the world today is marriage.If a guy meets a lady,the next item is:'l would like to marry you'.But we should not forget that before either a woman or a man could proudly say that he or she is married, is when the dowry have been paid.But some cultures' exhobitant dowry is depriving their sons and daughters from getting wives from their own ethnic groups, instead they marry from other ethnic groups where their dowries are cheaper. In my culture,the dowry is 12 shinings but since we no longer get shillings, we now changed it to N120. This is the main pride price in my culture.HOW MUCH IS YOURS?

Pls, where is ur place? I won't they won't ask a potential suitor 2 pay #120 as dowry buy d list of other item will be insurmountable? Like, 1 truck load of yam, 1 pick up load of malt, 1 pick up load of beer, 30 50litre gallons of palmy n so on

23 Feb 2016 13:31

Quote by Cherry164
Our is #120 nd 20 will later be refunded to d man as change

Pls, what is d direction to 2 ur place? Hope d other items in d list won't exceed #50k as well? Not when they collect #120 as dowry, they'll then as d suitor 2 buy d whole world oo

23 Feb 2016 14:10

d must important tin is d DOWRY @guys commenting

23 Feb 2016 14:38

Thanks for your question.l'm of the Urhobo ethnic group from Delta state but presently in Yobe state.Well,there are other items,comprised of palm wine,alcohol, kola-nut, hat, shirt & wrappers & walking stick for D parents.Costing about N70,000.But we are very considerate,in a situation whereby the man says that he cannot afford all these items,then,we go into plea-bargain and the money will be reduced drastically to only those items which are mandatory. parents are very co-operative when it comes to dowry of their children,becus they know that it is a pride for them and their son or daughter in the public domain that a dowry has been paid in their family.These days it is a common thing to see parents who secretly help their son-inlaw to be to paid the dowry of their daughter to give respect to the family. We do not charge much on dowry because we believed that once,the woman dies,the corpse goes back home to the father's compound for burial.

23 Feb 2016 16:52

Quote by AGMS
Thanks for your question.l'm of the Urhobo ethnic group from Delta state but presently in Yobe state.Well,there are other items,comprised of palm wine,alcohol, kola-nut, hat, shirt & wrappers & walking stick for D parents.Costing about N70,000.But we are very considerate,in a situation whereby the man says that he cannot afford all these items,then,we go into plea-bargain and the money will be reduced drastically to only those items which are mandatory. parents are very co-operative when it comes to dowry of their children,becus they know that it is a pride for them and their son or daughter in the public domain that a dowry has been paid in their family.These days it is a common thing to see parents who secretly help their son-inlaw to be to paid the dowry of their daughter to give respect to the family. We do not charge much on dowry because we believed that once,the woman dies,the corpse goes back home to the father's compound for burial.

Error!

23 Feb 2016 22:51

I will like to mary from ur tribe

23 Feb 2016 22:52

OK

Edited by WILFREDO2 / 23 Feb 2016 23:03
23 Feb 2016 23:22

#50,000
That's our own.

24 Feb 2016 00:11

abeg arrange one cute girl 4rm ur side 4me way I go marry

24 Feb 2016 00:27

but I dey suspect dis una dowry make e no be say person go dey jump up say he don see cheap bride price after paying they go
carry long list give person

24 Feb 2016 06:59

Simple,just take a trip to Warri.There,girls are the cheapest commodity that you can think of.You can even do,I.O.U. That's you can take her on credit and pay the dowry later,when you have money,but let her parents know about it.Beside,they are very industrious ladies.They do not sit at home for only the husbands to work money for the up-keep of the house,but also join so that when one has nothing,the other supports the house.This is one of the blessings and unique attitude of our Urhobo,lsoko women from Delta state.I hope you are on your way to Warri now?I hope so.Goodluck.when you have brought her,then you have to send me two bottles of beer through my inbox. Take note that l'm preparing the way fore you.l'm your fore-runner.I love you!

25 Feb 2016 23:43

Honestly,I do Oppose that Dowry thing!! ,,I mean,it's like Buying a human being;which means you can use her in whichever way you want.People are to be Loved and Things are to be Used!

26 Feb 2016 16:40

scammers will die

2 Mar 2016 18:50

Quote by AGMS
Simple,just take a trip to Warri.There,girls are the cheapest commodity that you can think of.You can even do,I.O.U. That's you can take her on credit and pay the dowry later,when you have money,but let her parents know about it.Beside,they are very industrious ladies.They do not sit at home for only the husbands to work money for the up-keep of the house,but also join so that when one has nothing,the other supports the house.This is one of the blessings and unique attitude of our Urhobo,lsoko women from Delta state.I hope you are on your way to Warri now?I hope so.Goodluck.when you have brought her,then you have to send me two bottles of beer through my inbox. Take note that l'm preparing the way fore you.l'm your fore-runner.I love you!

Brotherly,na confirm marra.Urhobo mena!

13 Mar 2016 20:05

Quote by AGMS

Urobo wado!
U r right, I did all u mentioned and also paid #10,000 dowry. But ur daughter do me wayo, she left me because I don't allow her control me. So it's no more, "Urobo wado" but "Urobo wayo"

14 Mar 2016 19:12

ATTENTION!!!
The WAEC 2016/2017 SSCE OFFICIAL TIMETABLE IS OUT!!!
CLICK HERE TO GET THE WAEC TIMETABLE NOW!!.....