Nigerian forum: Romance & Friendship - BETWEEN THE MALE & THE FEMALE CHILD, WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT IN AFRICA?
Share this topic
25 Jan 2016 00:14

It is no doubt that in the Africa continent, there is disparity between the male and the female child.Now, which is more important in your tradition?

25 Jan 2016 16:44

Africans regard male child than female but should not be so. Either male or female, there shouldn't be desparity between them.

25 Jan 2016 17:21

In most African cultures, male child are always preferred to the female child cos we believe that the male are rightful heir to our various entities

25 Jan 2016 17:58

I view such tradition as a stupid and senseless idea. be content with what God has given you regardless of their gender,because both are precious in God's sight. I don't see anything men does this days in which women can't do. God knows the best for everyone, if you were only given a female, be happy if you were able to raise her well. if I may ask,what if you were given a male child and he bring is misfortune and troubles without giving you a rest of mind, whom are you to blame?

25 Jan 2016 20:10

Both r gift from God just bless dm wt prayers cos u dnt kno who is who

25 Jan 2016 20:37

Male child

25 Jan 2016 22:04

Agreed, Africa rate the male child than the female but the question is directed to u personally and not Africa, as 4 me and me alone I believe both female and male are highly important but I still rate the female higher than the male with reasons.

25 Jan 2016 23:17

I think male are more important than female becos without male der would nt be female in dis word

Edited by RosySwaggies / 25 Jan 2016 23:18
26 Jan 2016 01:15

Google

26 Jan 2016 14:17

when god creat the world is it only female he creat or only male?pls give thank to god that provide for you,most people are looking for child that god didn't provide them what did you want them to say.

26 Jan 2016 14:32
Post is hidden!
26 Jan 2016 18:42
Post is hidden!
26 Jan 2016 18:44

A male child is more of important child than female because here in Africa people tends to believe that a male child is the heir of own self in this life.

26 Jan 2016 19:05

Male

26 Jan 2016 19:47

it used to be boyz but times have changed all are important.

27 Jan 2016 00:45

I have quite a number of Organizations the are Meant to Defend the Rights Of Women/Girl Child in Africa but NEVER heard one that stands for Men/Boy Child Rights ! In short the Boy Child in Africa has been Negleted. Don't be Suprised There's a SHORTAGE OF MEN in ERITREA; A Law has been Passed ordering Every man to marry atleast 2Wives failure to which he be PENALISED SEVERELY! #IGottaGoThere

27 Jan 2016 01:29

A certain man from my area married a wife and the woman gave him 7 male children. In annoyance that he won't get inlaws, he married another woman who gave him 7 girls and he was extremely happy with the 2nd. Pls, be grateful 4 d one God gave yu. Male child propagates the family name while female enriches the family with more people

27 Jan 2016 01:31

A certain man from my area married a wife and the woman gave him 7 male children no female. In annoyance that he won't get inlaws, he married another woman who gave him 7 female children and he was extremely happy with the 2nd. Pls, be grateful 4 d one God gave yu. Male child propagates the family name while female enriches the family with more people bcos their husbands is a plus to the family.

27 Jan 2016 07:45

Both

27 Jan 2016 09:32

All of you have spoken very well.lt is really very unfortunate that the male is rated higher than the female.But here are some of the reasons for that.Africans value landed properties and ego (titleship alot) The female gets married & off she leaves to her husband's place.She is now concern with her marital affairs & no longer after her family's affairs.She & her children henceforth bear the husband's name.But the male stands and defend the family's name and properties. Amongst his children the males also will carry on the name of the family while the females also will get married & lost the family's name.That is why in a family of no male,the name of such a family easily goes into extinction.