you to continue. Beatings is how you keep
women in check.
After hearing this I was appalled but then I
began to understand why a lot of Nigerian men
beat their girlfriends and wife's here. So is it
really a cultural thing, that it is okay for men
to beat women? Do the police really not do
anything about this?

please don't mind those perverts, it is not normal 2 beat a woman even in Nigeria, d men u see that beats their women are not normal

11 Jan 2016 20:51

Any reasonable man can never beat his wife.

11 Jan 2016 21:03

Well my dear,it is not normal.There are many factors that is responsible for it.Drugs addiction,drunkness, hot temper and provocation.Man was created in the image of God and as such he is the master and he should be accorded such respect by the woman.It is an inborn characteristics of the males both in the forest and domestic animals that the females are weaker creatures and as such they should always be submissive to the males.Some women don't consider that the man is the head. That is why it is said that a wise woman builds her home why the foolish woman destroys hers.Women should try to know the things that anger their husbands and always avoid them.God had made it that either good or bad,the man deserves a maximum respect. If yours is the type who drinks or a hot temper man, then try to be used to him by knowing how to pet him to get your heart's desire from him. Some men could so annoying by abandoning their responsibilities.Be the best wife by taking a wise decision to tame the monster.If his temper is high when shouting at you then try to be calm and never talk back at him harshy in that mood so that he will not feel humiliated and provoked and beat you up. Marriage is the most difficult institution ever created because nobody graduates from it with flying colours, it is always plague with alot of carry-over.The best subject of marriage is endurance and tolerant.THANK YOU.

11 Jan 2016 21:04

Is not wise for a Man to beat a woman no matter her offense..thank u.

11 Jan 2016 21:21

totally bad attitude.... I think women aren't a goat

12 Jan 2016 07:16

Beating a woman is not a good thing that we can be proud about.It is totally wrong to beat ones wife no matter how what happen.

12 Jan 2016 08:09

Yeah you all have well said, any man that raise his hand to beat his wife is a coward. But some women are stubborn ooh not until you beat them they will not learn. God bless you all.

12 Jan 2016 09:24

Is only a mad man dat will beat his wife.

12 Jan 2016 10:46

Well,l will always be an ambassador of peace. Pls,you the youths especially the bachelors should always be caution when answering questions or giving an advice.Solomon is termed the wisest man ever lived becus of the wisdom he used to tackle the dilemma that was brought before him. Be mindful of the words you use becus sometimes you wud be doing yourself more harm than good by your words.There are many ladies there reading your answers and they will know frm your words weda U are matured enough to handle situations in your own marriage with wisdom.The use of goat,animal or madman are not matured.lf you are walking on the street with a friend & U see a man beating his wife and you help the woman to beat up the husband & your friend separated the fight & offer words of advice to them.At the end, ur friend will recieve a great commendations frm both passer-by & the couple & not you.Always give constructive and matured advice.Men shud know that women are people of easy nature and cud be very provocative in nature.But that was how they were created not their fault, that is why when a woman sees his husband with another woman, she wud immediately jump into a conclusion that they are lovers and she will attack the man like mad but if it was the husband who saw her with another man,he wud apply wisdom to know what is happening & probably catches them red handed b4 reacting. That is just the nature of women for you.A colleague of mine a staff sergeant in the Nigerian Army. He was a very brutal and a very harsh man.He was a heavily built man.seeing him alone wud imediately convince you that the story of Goliath in the Bible is true.No how stubborn a soldier may be,he must surely drag him to the gaurdroom & lock him up on orders of the (RSM or the ADJUTANT or the CO) bcus he was a Regimental Police(RP). His wife was once honoured as the leader of the Brigades, Nigerian Army Officers wives Association(NAOWA). One day the wife saw me walking from somewhere & she gave me a ride in the car.And she said to me,''Oga l thank una as una dey fit dey cope with my husband action o''. I told her that she shud be the one to be commended for been able to live peacefully with him without any problem.And she told me that since she has found herself in that condition,she has to apply wisdom knowing who she is married to.She said that what even gives her joy in the marriage was that in many instances,the husband would praise her endurance and understanding in tolerating him.That shows that the husband was fully awared that he is too harsh.Remember,don't count yourself lucky not until you are married.You know that when the fight has not started,we wud say,'l will beat him to a coma,l will do this,l will do that'.But after the fight when you ask the same person that why didn't you use all those tactics that you said,you will use? He will tell you,'my friend,it is not easy o,the way we say it with the mouth is different frm reality o'. That is life for you. Marriage is not an easy task.lt needs a great caution and tolerant between couples.The worst test of marriage is that two good character people hardly marry to each other.That is why you hear people say: either the husband is good and the wife is bad or the wife is good and the husband is bad.To join the bad and the good together and get positive result,gives you a happy marriage. WISDOM IS A GIFT OF NATURE BUT IT IS ONLY GIVEN TO THOSE WHO WILL BE WISE ENOUGH TO USE IT FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANKIND!

12 Jan 2016 14:05

Not gud to beat w/man,rather God gave man wisdom to discern and apply correction to Harmony of purpose.

12 Jan 2016 16:06

Do they Respect their mom's? What do men achieve by beating upA woman? 1st of all its weakness, So Cultural wise Its like who is incharge! But a real man with understanding nd Respect will neva beat-up the woman he really Love! Its a total digrace to belittle any Woman to show ur manhood, 2 thins very bad for a relationship/marriage! Outrage sex nd beatings; Only weak men with no respect for themselves execute such actions,

12 Jan 2016 16:35

@AGMS ; With due respect nd empathy abt ur input nd Contridiction as a woman abuser; You had a topic abt beating a woman lst year I think; Please Read Ur Bible, understand nd Practice what is due to u as a man, Then come back pracice Facts nd quote the bible the way it is written; Not the way u choose to translate it with much loopholes, Iike a man who does not know the word of God, Remm nothing shall be added nd none taken away from God's word, Yes ur the head of ur house, But @ no level with God, Get ur chip off ur shoulder of being leveled with God And Respect ur woman coz she is prescious in God's eyes; Not a looser as ucondemn her; Remm It Cost A Woman for >u to be a Man, Start by urself, Stop woman ABUSE IJMN.

12 Jan 2016 16:49

@charles744; Sorry ur contridicive! U are not either or! Yes some women are stubborn ; I dont say its fine, but by the treatmnt of a woman abuser! It builds Anger what person can live a normal life as a Human, And being treated maybe worst then an Animal or an outcast, Bcoz the man chose to perform such treatmnt; Just bcoz He is the Head Of wife, God forbid.

12 Jan 2016 18:08

On a normal sense a man is not suppose to beat a woman,based on whatever issue they may have...but in order words,some women only listen and obey their men,when they receive beating,cos i used to have a girl who only hear,when someone beat her. As for me,i will never beat a woman,no matter what the case maybe. I slapped my ex once,cos she wanted to stab me with knife and i had no choice than to defend myself.

12 Jan 2016 19:19

IT GOOD TO BEAT WOMAN.

12 Jan 2016 19:41

Y should Some one beat up another fellow, I fink d question shouldn't be directed to d man alone cos Some women beat up there husband 2 y some beat up their house help 2, but in d first place only a human who. is hardeing or rather partly animal would beat up another fellow, forget d reason involved and let's face d question been don't u think It's absorb and insane to beat a fellow human.

13 Jan 2016 00:36

I Think Is For Marriage Men Not For People Like Us

13 Jan 2016 00:55

women are ment to being cherish not to being beatin if u hav b beatin ur wife or ur girlfriend pls stop is nt good