Nigerian forum: Literature - What's In Your Wish Bucket?
Share this topic
16 Nov 2015 09:53

Hello my Friend

I am happy to come your way again and today I have a question for you.

But before I ask that question, I just want to tell you a short story.

Growing up was really fun for me because we lived in a Community where every parent was on the look out for any child whether his or not and so the kids of the neighbourhood had the opportunities to interact and play together.

During some of those plays, we had opportunity to make wishes especially if the thing wished for was happening right about then. For example, whenever we were together and an aeroplane flew past, most of us would look up to the sky with hungry wishes on our eyes, wishing that we were also in the plane as passengers or as the Pilot or even as owners of the plane.

When we saw a car drive past - in those days, they were mainly Peugeot Cars 403, 404 - we would wish that we are the owners of the cars.

Once when I went to a Hospital to visit my Mother after child birth, I saw the deference and respect accorded to the Medical Doctor by the other health staff and I wished I was a Medical Doctor.

So in those days, my wish bucket was filled up with all manners of wishes as diverse as they came.

However, as I grew older, I realized that I could not have "all my wishes" especially the ones that have to do with career and so I had to sort them out into the ones that can be realized within the time frame available to me and the ones that may have to remain in the wish bucket.

I have also gone ahead to become some things that I did not put in my wish bucket while growing up.

For instance, the internet was not even muted while I was growing up; online business was not even an idea then but in the last 35 years with the discovery of the WWW (the Internet), the World has actually become a global village and the internet has taken over the lives of billions of people including yours sincerely to the extent that I have not only become an expert in Health Care Management (which was in my wish bucket) but I have also become an expert in Online Business and Internet/Network Marketing and Services (which were not in my wish bucket while growing up).

Incidentally I have met up with all of my wishes in my wish bucket while growing up - God has been extremely gracious to me; so what I do now is to add to my yearly wish bucket one or two new adventures to pursue and which I usually break down into months and weeks and days.

This November I had wished to touch at least 10 lives in my #Financial #Empowerment #Workshops; so far I have touched 7 and still gat 3 to go before the month ends, would you like to be the next to be touched?

So that's my short story.

How about you?

What's in your wish bucket? even for this month of November?

But by the way, did you have anything in your wish bucket while growing up?

Share with me, I love reading stories of how persons overcame their challenges.

Hope to read from you As Soon As Possible (#ASAP)

I still remain your friend

Dr. Jerry - the First: JP
#DrJTF

http://goo.gl/WpX3D6

16 Nov 2015 13:13

My name is Kingsley Adonis,a new member on the mobofree site.
I just perused the content of your story and wishes,i must confess that they are quite interesting. It reminds me of the wishes i had during my childhood and while i was growing up.
Although i have been able to achieve some of my wishes,i have come to realise that life does not give one every thing that one ever wished for.Life is a great struggle expecially when you dont have any support from anywhere. The worse could be giving up wishing and giving up trying.
My greatest wish right now is to raise enough capital and start up my personal business, so that i could get marry to my dream woman and have my own family,and lead a responsible life.

16 Nov 2015 13:35

dr my wish bucket is to become a successful biznesman.but i dont hv d finance dats y but i gat so many bizness ideas.if u can help then i will b greatful.

16 Nov 2015 20:19

Good n educative post

16 Nov 2015 23:27

Goodday sir my name is oyindamola my wish bucket is am a hairdresser so i wish to have my own shop but nobody 2 help me.

16 Nov 2015 23:56

Quote by AMINAT579
Goodday sir my name is oyindamola my wish bucket is am a hairdresser so i wish to have my own shop but nobody 2 help me.

God Will send Divine Helper to You in Jesus Name AMEN.. But live Ur life in a Godly Manner....
God Bless You

16 Nov 2015 23:58

I am Olaseinde Michael by Name.... My Wish Bucket is that God should Pattern My Life the Way He want Me to Live It..

Edited by Mic0019 / 16 Nov 2015 23:59
17 Nov 2015 07:42

Quote by Kinsey555
My name is Kingsley Adonis,a new member on the mobofree site.
I just perused the content of your story and wishes,i must confess that they are quite interesting. It reminds me of the wishes i had during my childhood and while i was growing up.
Although i have been able to achieve some of my wishes,i have come to realise that life does not give one every thing that one ever wished for.Life is a great struggle expecially when you dont have any support from anywhere. The worse could be giving up wishing and giving up trying.
My greatest wish right now is to raise enough capital and start up my personal business, so that i could get marry to my dream woman and have my own family,and lead a responsible life.

I love your write up here
and am sure you know that whatever a man sets his heart to do and applies action and wisdom, he would achieve
so let it be unto you according to your confession
be blessed

#DrJTF

17 Nov 2015 07:47

Quote by derrickishegbe
dr my wish bucket is to become a successful biznesman.but i dont hv d finance dats y but i gat so many bizness ideas.if u can help then i will b greatful.

my good friend, if you remove the phrase "I don't have" from your mentality and speech, you would be amazed at how surplus will over take you
Keep in the positive

17 Nov 2015 07:48

Quote by AMINAT579

Oyindamola
God works in mysterious ways
we can never fathom
but remove the mentality of "I don't have"
and thou shalt verily have!!!!

17 Nov 2015 07:50

Quote by Mic0019
I am Olaseinde Michael by Name.... My Wish Bucket is that God should Pattern My Life the Way He want Me to Live It..

Mike
God is able
but you see, you have to do your own bit

17 Nov 2015 12:04

am harleymart a student nd an apperentist my wish nw is dat i want God 2 give me more wisdom,knowledge nd understanding in everythin bcos 2 bcom some1 in dis lyf is nt easy

17 Nov 2015 12:33

Quote by harleymart
am harleymart a student nd an apperentist my wish nw is dat i want God 2 give me more wisdom,knowledge nd understanding in everythin bcos 2 bcom some1 in dis lyf is nt easy

17 Nov 2015 12:39

I pray all our prayers will b answer, no matter how d case may be will we rise and shine in God grace.

17 Nov 2015 12:42

amen

17 Nov 2015 13:03

I am isaac victor by name,a new member on the mobofree site. My wise is to become one of the best fashion desgner in the word

17 Nov 2015 13:48

ANGEL ARKAS AUTOS.CARS OF SEASONAL SALE FOR 2015 FEAST
HAS COMMENCED WE HAVE DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS
VERY CLEAN AND BRAND NEW CARS FOR SALE AT
CHEAPER PRICES. These cars were
Imported from Cotonuo and they are been sold in a give away price because of the Feast period we are .All you need
do is to Call MR.PETER(Manager)On.
+2348167189608 to place an order of your choice.
CAR FEATURES BELOW: Prices of some tokunbo
Toyota cars • Toyota Land Cruiser-#750,000 • Toyota
Prado -#730,000 • Toyota Corolla –#300,000-#600,00
• Toyota Camry – from-#300,000-to-#790,000 •
Toyota Avensis – from#400,000-to-#900,000 • Toyota
Yaris – #350,000 • Toyota Avanza – #850,000 • Toyota
RAV4 SUV –#750,000 • Toyota Hilus Pickup-#800,000
• Toyota Dyna Truck – #900,000 • Toyota Hiace Bus –
#700,000 • Toyota Coaster Bus 32 seaters –1.2m
Prices of some Peugeot Cars Peugeot c230 #400,000
C300 #500,000 Peugeot 307- #300,000 prices of
some Honda cars Honda Civic cars – #450,000 Honda
Accord – #530,000 Honda CR-V – #600,000 Honda
Odyssey – #600,000 Honda CR-V – #600,000 Honda
Pilot – #650,000 Prices of some Nissan cars • Nissan
Sunny sedan – #750,000 • Nissan Patrol SUV –
#800,000 • Nissan Civilian 30 seater bus – #900,000 •
Nissan Pathfinder SUV - #550,000 INFINITY FX35
N850,000 AUDI Q7 N600,000. A6 N400,000. GOLF1
N200, 000. GOLF2 3,N280, 000. GOLF4, N300,000
AND ETC.... MODEL/YEAR OF MANUFACTURE..........1
996 t0 2012 INTERIOR.........................LEATHER AND
FABRIC AC..........CHILLING FACTORY AC WHEEL..........
.............GOOD TYRE, ALLOY WHEEL ASKING
PRICE..................Ranging from #200,000 to
#1000,000.00 Call MR PETER(Manager) on
+2348167189608 NOTE: THE PRICES OF EACH VEHICLE ARE NEGOTIABLE.Please just give us a test to testify how genuine we are.Thanks:ANGEL ARKAS AUTOS

17 Nov 2015 15:35

my name is victoria simon,my wish is to fullfil my dreams as to finish my studies with success and get a job,and finaly settle down with a responsible man.

17 Nov 2015 16:30

God bless u Sir

17 Nov 2015 19:11

Quote by harleymart

Yea, I agree with you Harlemart
to become someone in this life is not easy
because nothing good comes easy or free
so keep your hopes alive and work on them
and you would be surprised that you would arrive at the Pinnacle