Nigerian forum: Health - 10 Toxic Household Items
Share this topic
11 Nov 2015 23:47

Could your choice of shampoo or cookware be harming your health?
As a rheumatologist, I am often asked why patients have developed a particular autoimmune disease. I take a holistic view of their illness, so I inquire about the patient’s stress levels, diet and exercise patterns – and any chemicals they may be exposed to. This helps me better understand the role their environment may play in their health.
A growing body of research suggests that chemicals in everyday products may put us at risk for health problems – from infertility and birth defects to certain types of cancer. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now monitors a total of 298 environmental chemicals that have been found in humans, including many used in consumer products. These chemicals can gradually build up in the body, potentially making you sick.
While it’s impossible to avoid exposure to all environmental chemicals, there are ways to rid your home of many of these potential toxins . Here are 10 items you may want to avoid buying, toss or replace:
1. Plastic food containers
Ever wonder why clear plastic containers turn cloudy after running through the dishwasher a few times? Plastic breaks down over time, and this breakdown can release dangerous chemicals into your food. Many plastic containers are made from chemicals including phthalates , which act as endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs). Switch to glass containers . for more info, visit http://worldroundt.blogspot.com

12 Nov 2015 14:42

Good