Nigerian forum: Romance & Friendship - IS IT GOOD FOR A WIFE OF A PRESIDENT/KING/ GOVERNOR TO COOK FOR THEIR HUSBANDS?
Share this topic
12 Sep 2015 22:30

Is it really good for these personalities to enter into the kitchen and cook? I once worked in the house of a military governor for 2 months.The first lady was very harsh and so daily,my prayer was l should be re-deployed.Then she started to give us food.There was always too much of local spices( ogiri) in the food.And she would come to ask us if we enjoyed the food.We always answer yes because it is said that 'IF A CROCODILE COULD BITE OFF A PART OF THE FLESH OF A LIVE HIPPO AND EAT IT, THEN,THE FLESH OF A HUMAN WILL BE NOTHING TO IT'.One day our guard commander complained to the cooks that they should reduce the amount of ogiri in their cooking and they said that it is madam that is cooking the food herself.That she want to know whether her food is sweet or not hence she normally asks us whether,we enjoy the food.

15 Sep 2015 11:34

WHY? Why? WHY?

18 Sep 2015 23:19

I think it is a very good habit for a wife no matter her status in the society to at least cook for her husband even though if it is once in a while.l don't support the idea of using cooks all the time.The cooks should teach her if she doesn't know how to cook.