Nigerian forum: Romance & Friendship - traditional marriage
Share this topic
9 Sep 2015 15:05

What are the requirements for traditional marriage in your locality . Indicate your country, state & tribe please.

10 Sep 2015 01:52

Hello dearie!

10 Sep 2015 06:39

Quote by Ezra1975
What are the requirements for traditional marriage in your locality . Indicate your country, state & tribe please.

Am a Christian our tradition is marriage were doin in church ceremony with our prist

10 Sep 2015 12:56

Quote by ladyihzai
Quote by Ezra1975

Am a Christian our tradition is marriage were doin in church ceremony with our prist

10 Sep 2015 13:00

Ladyihzai, really? Which country is that & what tribe do they practice this?

10 Sep 2015 14:03
Post is hidden!
10 Sep 2015 16:53

Quote by Ezra1975
Quote by ladyihzai
Quote by Ezra1975

10 Sep 2015 21:16

Nigeria,ogun state,yoruba

10 Sep 2015 23:07

am a nigerian am from oyo state. and,am a yoruba guy. though am a muslim but,in de traditional way as they are doin it . before coupling men and women together.they will ask for kolanuts,wallnuts,hot

10 Sep 2015 23:20

Quote by Aminatadenike
Nigeria,ogun state,yoruba

You 've not told us how its been done in ogun.

10 Sep 2015 23:25

Quote by omodolapor
am a nigerian am from oyo state. and,am a yoruba guy. though am a muslim but,in de traditional way as they are doin it . before coupling men and women together.they will ask for kolanuts,wallnuts,hot

So far so good. Can u still xpantiate on their way of conducting tm so that those coming from other regions could have an ideaidea.

11 Sep 2015 10:58

It is really alarming to hear people saying that they give more attention to CHURCH MARRIAGES than their TRADITIONAL MARRIAGES.Are we saying that we know God more than the HEBREWS? Have you seen or read from the HOLY BIBLE where marriages were conducted in the SYNAGOGUES? Was it not in a TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE where YEHESHUA CHRISTO turned water to wine in a marriage in CA'NAAN? We Nigerians want to be more CATHOLIC THAN THE POPE,Yet most of us, our hearts are far from YAHWEH.The truth is that church marriage is not Biblically ordained but the white man's system of marriage.ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT A BAD THING BUT WE SHOULD NOT DO IT WITH PRIDE AS IT IS BEEN DONE TODAY WITH BOTH PREGNANT WOMEN AND THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN BIRTH AND EVEN DIVORCEES WEARING GARMENT IN ALTAR IS A DISGRACE TO CHRISTHANITY. No wonder WHEN YEHESHUA quoted lsaiah when he says that 'THESE PEOPLE HONOUR ME WITH THEIR LIPS BUT THEIR HEARTS ARE FAR AWAY FROM ME.' Anything done with pride is not to the honour of YAHWEH but self honour.Once upon a time l was among some peace keepers to Somalia and Rwanda.l observed that some white peace keepers donot hold small church services in the camps as the Nigerians peace keepers do.Trust me,l begin to ask them why they do not do that.you would be surprised what they said.Do you want to know? They asked me if we really know GOD Or worship him.l was speechless.

11 Sep 2015 11:13

Quote by AGMS
It is really alarming to hear people saying that they give more attention to CHURCH MARRIAGES than their TRADITIONAL MARRIAGES.Are we saying that we know God more than the HEBREWS? Have you seen or read from the HOLY BIBLE where marriages were conducted in the SYNAGOGUES? Was it not in a TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE where YEHESHUA CHRISTO turned water to wine in a marriage in CA'NAAN? We Nigerians want to be more CATHOLIC THAN THE POPE,Yet most of us, our hearts are far from YAHWEH.The truth is that church marriage is not Biblically ordained but the white man's system of marriage.ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT A BAD THING BUT WE SHOULD NOT DO IT WITH PRIDE AS IT IS BEEN DONE TODAY WITH BOTH PREGNANT WOMEN AND THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN BIRTH AND EVEN DIVORCEES WEARING GARMENT IN ALTAR IS A DISGRACE TO CHRISTHANITY. No wonder WHEN YEHESHUA quoted lsaiah when he says that 'THESE PEOPLE HONOUR ME WITH THEIR LIPS BUT THEIR HEARTS ARE FAR AWAY FROM ME.' Anything done with pride is not to the honour of YAHWEH but self honour.Once upon a time l was among some peace keepers to Somalia and Rwanda.l observed that some white peace keepers donot hold small church services in the camps as the Nigerians peace keepers do.Trust me,l begin to ask them why they do not do that.you would be surprised what they said.Do you want to know? They asked me if we really know GOD Or worship him.l was speechless.

Hmmmm! I am speechless! Deep insight. 90% agree with u in your xpression.