Nigerian forum: Literature - THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER.
Share this topic
11 Apr 2015 16:14

ON THE 21ST OF MARCH 2015,I POSTED A STORY CAPTIONED:LIFE EXPERIENCED.IN THAT STORY I ENUMERATED HOW I WAS SEIZED BY MERMAIDS IN THE OSSE RIVER ONE AFTERNOON IN 1981 AFTER SCHOOL HOURS.AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THAT STORY I HAVE RECEIVED HUNDREDS OF PHONE CALLS & TEXT MESSAGES FROM PEOPLE ASKING ME WHETHER I WAS FAIRLY OR HARSHLY TREATED BY THE MERMAIDS DURING MY STAY IN THE MARINE KINGDOM.THE TRUTH IS THAT I WAS FULLY AWARED THAT SOMETHING VERY POWERFUL HELD MY FEET & WAS PULLING ME INTO THE DEEP WATER BEFORE I WAS FINALLY DRAGGED UNDER THE WATER.I WAS SHOUTING THE NAMES OF MY FATHER & HIS FRIENDS & OUR NEIGHBOURS TO COME & SAVE ME BUT NO BODY COULD HELP ME EVENTHOUGH THERE WERE SOME WOMEN & THEIR CHILDREN WASHING CLOTHES VERY CLOSE TO THE SPOT.INITIALLY I THOUGHT THAT I WAS SENT ON AN ERRAND TO BUY SOMETHING WHEN I FOUND MYSELF IN A STRANGE LAND WITHOUT ANYBODY ON SIGHT.THAT WAS ALL I COULD REMEMBER. THEN ON THE DAY THAT I WAS RELEASED I SAT DOWN ON THE RIVER BANK.I WAS SEEING PEOPLE CLOSER TO ME BUT IT WAS LIKE I WAS DRAINED OF THOUGHT & REASONING & I WAS SO COMFORTABLE ON WHERE I SAT THAT I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE IT.AND WHERE I WAS FOUND WAS ABOUT THREE KILOMETRES AWAY FROM THE SPOT WHERE I WAS SEIZED.I LATER LEARNT THAT ALOT OF SACRIFICES WERE PERFORMED FIRST BEFORE I COULD TALK, EAT & SLEEP.I COULD NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING OF ALL THAT TOOK PLACE THROUGH OUT THE FIVE DAYS THAT I WAS HELD UNDER THE WATER. (THANKS YOURS SINCERELY AGMS)