Nigerian forum: Programming/webmasters - Best Open Source Forum Scripts
Share this topic
13 Jan 2014 23:35

Now a days Forums have become as popular as the blogs. With the growing popularity of these forums everybody wants to setup their own forum. So if you want to set up your own forum community, here is a list of 16 best open source forum scripts. I have listed these scripts:
1. phpBB.com
phpBB is most widely used open source forum script. phpBB is written using PHP scripting language and uses MySQL database. It is very easy to install and has got a very good and easy to use Admin control panel.
2. bbPress.org
bbPress is one of the widely used open source forum scripts by the makers of WordPress. This is very similar to WordPress. The Admin control panel is very much similar to the look and feel of WordPress, so using this is extremely easy. Like the WordPress, bbPress has also got a wide development community and lots of themes and plugins are freely available. The only demerit of bbPress is that for each and everything you need to install plugins which may reduce the performance of the forum.
3.Simple Machines Forum (Simplemachines.org)
SMF is a very powerful open source forum script. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the layout of your message board and with the unique SSI – or Server Side Includes – function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other. SMF can be integrated with several content management systems like Mamboo, XOOPS etc.

Edited by Mobofree / 13 Jan 2014 23:35
16 Jan 2014 02:59

myBB is One of the widely used open
source forum script. myBB is written
using PHP scripting language and uses
MySQL database. It is very easy to install
and has got a very good and easy to
use Admin control panel, Plugin, themes are also available @ www.mybb.com enjoy the best out of the rest!

24 Jan 2014 18:19

(Invalid img)

Edited by Cleanloaded.tk / 24 Jan 2014 18:21
12 Feb 2014 09:40
Post is hidden!
13 Apr 2014 19:38

Quote by Adamzy_hacker
myBB is One of the widely used open
source forum script. myBB is written
using PHP scripting language and uses
MySQL database. It is very easy to install
and has got a very good and easy to
use Admin control panel, Plugin, themes are also available @ www.mybb.com enjoy the best out of the rest!

Yes, i also support this topic.
mybb has advanced feature than pbnl.
so i wud like us 2 say 100% 4 MYBB.COM

15 Apr 2014 08:32

My forum site is here www.websaint.tk

Edited by Kunm44 / 15 Apr 2014 08:33
19 May 2014 20:54

Visit Naijavilla.wap-ka.com to get any tips/tricks on web designing. Get fr33 mb data plan there 2 Naijavilla.wap-ka.com

Edited by Mish69 / 19 May 2014 20:57
23 May 2014 09:46

gud one peepz, buh personally i prefer phpbb to all oda forum script, yes it technical buh for me itz fun to use... +1

23 May 2014 23:09

visite www.theprof.wallinside.com for my blogs...

23 May 2014 23:11

am still working on effective use of html codes for web designing .....i will need more guidnce. i have ceated my website already using a free hosting domain. www.loveandrelationship.freeiz.com

2 Sep 2014 11:52
Post is hidden!
3 Sep 2014 14:18

Check out Brykt Forums

3 Dec 2014 11:41

Any1 to explain in details wat d phpbb is all about?

30 Dec 2015 18:48

Get new app xterlium,it come with many features such as video chat,link to whatsapp,line chat etc
click the link below to download
http://apps.appypie.com/media/appfile/912af5b10af3.apk