Nigerian forum: Health - Doctor - Client lounge
Share this topic
10 Jan 2015 14:15

Hi everyone , happy new year to you all, I am here to guide you medically on what you wanna know about your health , I am a Medical Doctor ...a surgeon to be precise , so you don't have to be worried because you're on safe hands , as soon as this trend is being approved I'll discuss some topics you all would find so interesting and you can ask questions concerning any topic ...have a health free days ahead of you ...

12 Jan 2015 17:51

Medical doctor my ass me i bi native doctor too i hv topics 4 u don't ask questions

12 Jan 2015 18:54

all of us we b medical doctor,bcos we all prescribe drugs for ppl also

12 Jan 2015 18:55

u can ask me any ques medically i will ans u.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

12 Jan 2015 19:16

13 Jan 2015 02:46

Nice one folks and i thank you all for at least supporting this forum with you kind and funny gestures and because of this i am going to strike everyone with an interesting topic and its the major problems of the skin but before i commence , let me ask you all this funny question : HAVE YOU EVER WALKED PAST A GUY/LADY AND FEEL LIKE THROWING UP ??? hahaha , there was a time i felt disgusted when a lady walked past me and the whole place was skunked with her let me briefly discuss Body Odor as the first topic

i am quite sure that about 70-80% here on mobofree are suffering from Body Odor but they either ignore it or they dont know what to do to erradicate it , so My Native Doctor in the building Emma1919 i think you will need to read this very carefully cos native doctors suffer from this as well

Body odor, also known as bromhidrosis, is the unpleasant smell that can occur when you sweat.
The sweat itself doesn't smell.... The unpleasant odor is produced by bacteria on the skin that break down the sweat into acids.

Our skin has two main types of sweat glands: eccrine glands and apocrine glands. Eccrine glands occur over most of our body and open directly onto the surface of the skin and Apocrine glands develop in areas abundant in hair follicles, such as our armpits and groin, and they empty into the hair follicle just before it opens onto the skin surface.

When our body temperature rises, our eccrine glands secrete fluid onto the surface of our skin, where it cools our body as it evaporates. This fluid is composed mainly of water and salt.

Apocrine glands, on the other hand, produce a milky fluid that most commonly is secreted when we're under emotional stress. This fluid is odorless until it combines with bacteria found normally on our skin.

Where does the odor come from
The sweat produced from the Eccrine glands is usually odorless but when bacteria starts to break it down on the skin , it begins to smell and It can take on an offensive odor if you consume certain food and drink, such as garlic, spices and alcohol, as well as some types of medication, such as antidepressants.

However, it's the apocrine glands that are mainly responsible for body odor, because the sweat they produce contains high levels of protein, which bacteria find easy to break down.
People who sweat excessively from their apocrine glands, or have a lot of bacteria on their skin, tend to have worse body odor....interesting shey ?

Who gets body odor

Anyone who has reached puberty (when the apocrine sweat glands develop) can produce body odor. Men are more likely to have body odor, because they tend to sweat more than women....and this is one good reason why some ladies despise some guys , and it happens vice versa also

Things that can make body odor worse include:

-being overweight
-eating rich or spicy foods
-certain medical conditions, such as diabetes

How to Manage body odor

The best way to avoid getting body odor is to keep areas of your body that are prone to sweating clean and free of bacteria.

-Use soap to wash every day, paying particular attention to the areas that produce the most sweat, such as your armpits, genital area and feet. Washing removes sweat and reduces the number of bacteria on your skin...some people spend only 2minutes when having their bath , when you do that , you are not cleaning yourself off this odor completely , apply soap gradually in a circular motion so the function of the soap would take effect on the skin

- Changing and washing your clothes regularly will also help. you dont have to wear one shirt or jean for 2 weeks , comeonnn...not cool

-Using an antiperspirant or deodorant daily will help prevent body odor ...guys/ladies please note that ---------------

-Antiperspirants work by reducing the amount of sweat your body produces while Deodorants use perfume to mask the smell of sweat.

-Regularly shaving your armpits can also help reduce body odor. The hair in your armpits traps sweat and odor, providing ideal conditions for bacteria to multiply.

-In very severe cases of body odor, surgery or treatment with botulinum toxin may be possible options.....

if you have any question you need to ask about body odor ...ill be glad to be of assistance

God bless you all

NB: go to page 2 for another interesting topic

Edited by masterddon / 26 Jan 2015 09:42
13 Jan 2015 11:17

4 ni o

13 Jan 2015 17:00

yabayaba wole pelu change e o

13 Jan 2015 20:45

13 Jan 2015 21:30

Gud evening emma,hw today work and hw is family.pls I hav a question to ask u d question his my frend hav infection and it has use drug so she want to try to go for herb so pls if she want to use herb medicine what are d thing she wil use for d infection herb.tank I wil lik to get feed bck from u

13 Jan 2015 21:40
Post is hidden!
14 Jan 2015 10:04

Doctor I need your advice which drug can I use if I want to abort pregnant that it wn't hurt me if I use it

14 Jan 2015 18:46

just passing by

14 Jan 2015 21:56

doc pls i want to shit,which drug can i use so dat d shit will full d closet.ta

14 Jan 2015 23:28

15 Jan 2015 00:12

Inbox me

15 Jan 2015 00:15

Quote by Joskoz
Doctor I need your advice which drug can I use if I want to abort pregnant that it wn't hurt me if I use it

You want to abort and you are a man ....what do u want to abort ? Your intestine?

15 Jan 2015 13:54

wen am ready to die dnt worry i ll consult u....hhhmmm!

15 Jan 2015 16:34

Doc what causes anovulation? Tnk u

15 Jan 2015 20:52

Doctor fnkz 4d enlightenment nd mind opner,nw my questn.y do some women or ladies av drops of blood nd nt full wen menstrating?