Nigerian forum: Health - Ebola cure in Nigeria: Does it exists
Share this topic
6 Aug 2014 19:02

Does Ebola Disease cure for human exsists?

Scientists in Canada announced the successful treatment of Ebola virus infection in monkeys. The encouraging results were published in the journal Science Translational Medicine on June 13. Despite this fact scientists say this is certainly a big step forward, but many challenges remain before the treatment can be applied to people. For example, the amount of antibodies needed to treat a larger group of people would be difficult to manufacture.
So for now, there is no reliable medicine against Ebola virus.
Be extra careful if someone is trying to sell you some "pills against Ebola", most probably those people are just trying to steal your money.

And still are there ways how Nigerians can prevent Ebola Fever?
The right answer is "yes" . The following precautions can help prevent infection and spread of Ebola:
- Avoid areas of known outbreaks.
- Wash your hands frequently. It's very easy to follow this rule and it can save your life. Use soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 % of alcohol when soap and water aren't available.
- Avoid bush meat.
- Avoid contact with infected people. In particular, caregivers should avoid contact with the person's body fluids and tissues, including blood, semen, vaginal secretions and saliva.
- Follow infection-control procedures. If you're a health care worker, wear protective clothing, such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye shields. Keep infected people isolated from others. Dispose of needles and sterilize other instruments.
- Don't handle remains. The bodies of people who have died of Ebola hemorrhagic fever are still contagious. Specially organized and trained teams should bury the remains, using appropriate safety equipment.

Hope this helps. Please share your tips too if you have some!

Edited by Mobofree / 6 Aug 2014 19:07
6 Aug 2014 21:30

Avoid having sex.

6 Aug 2014 22:32

thanks for your caring and loving kindness.[\i]

6 Aug 2014 23:07

thanks so much for this enlightenment

6 Aug 2014 23:27

Thank u mobofree

6 Aug 2014 23:38

I want to know if many nigerian hav it?

6 Aug 2014 23:38

Let seek for God intervention

7 Aug 2014 00:36

ALLAH SHOULD SAVE US AMEN

7 Aug 2014 00:47

may Allah protect us from ebola virus

7 Aug 2014 00:50

Dis is d end of d earth, comeing soon (the rapture)

7 Aug 2014 03:18

we av to stigh wit GOD cos it only GOD can help up
GOD is tryin to purnish in dis nation dats y, we all av to go back nd rock d right.

7 Aug 2014 04:12

CHRISTIAN CHARACTER CONFIDENCE OF THE BELIEVER: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. " (Matthew 11:29). There are rewards for holding unto the word of God. God honours our faith. The foundation of such faith is what we know about God.

7 Aug 2014 06:27

FENK U 4 UR KIND ADVICE.HMMM!GOD AV MERCY ON US O

7 Aug 2014 08:31

thanks

7 Aug 2014 09:37

The fear of Ebola is the beginning of cautions....thanks 4 d vital info

7 Aug 2014 11:08

Tanx, by grace of God ebola must die.

7 Aug 2014 11:28

well only those who use prudence n common sense survives. God is in control despite all that is taking place on planet earth 2day.we have a whole worth of in4mation on social medias we have 2 try our best n do as advice n pray 2 God that is all it takes in this age of discovery,man is searching n unearthing things that we should have allowd 2 lay in their dormant state.more are coming we should b prepare 4 anything cos anything can happen.

7 Aug 2014 12:50

Ebola has no cute now.

7 Aug 2014 12:56

Amin jare,a my dear frnd

7 Aug 2014 12:58

God hlp us