Job opening: technology jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Job Title: Technical Assistant/ IT Officer
Job Grade: Senior Officer (GL2)
Reporting to: Practise Manager and HR, Admin Manager Department: IT/Project Design Direct Working Relationship(s): All members of staff; Vendors and Contractors Travel: 10% (As the role demands)
- The individual occupying this role will be responsible for addressing all internal IT functions network management, software development and database administration.
- IT specialists will also provide technical support to all Blue Mahogany employees, monitor all computer systems and network, and train non-technical workers on any business's information systems.
- The technical/ IT specialists will design systems and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented. And will determine the practicality of changes and modification of systems.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Provide technical support in the purchase of computer equipment in the Blue Mahogany.
- Start up, log on, and shut down a computer system properly
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and resolving password and electronic signature challenges. Identify and support the various units with technical processes and verify the specifications of the design related applications.
- Identify common types of file extensions within Blue Mahogany (e.g. doc, pdf, html, jpg, gif, xls, ppt, rtf, txt, exe)
- Check how much space is left on a drive or other storage device and manage all
- Back up all Blue Mahogany files
- Responsible for the purchase, installation, and life-cycle maintenance of PCs, servers and LAN network connectivity. Download and install software on a hard disk
- Understand and manage the file structure of a computer
- Check for and install operating system updates Project Design Support
- Administers and maintains information technology systems including PC and LAN equipment).
- Provides IT operations functions and support to project design for the organization’s standard hardware, software and voice/data network solutions.
- Acts as the primary point of communication between IT and business operations/project department.
- Performs local administration and operations functions as appropriate in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- The position is supervised by the Operations and has no direct reports.
- Ability to work with both software applications and computer hardware.
- Creation of 3D design mock up and models for individual design project.
- Creation of graphic design images and presenting finalized ideas and concepts to the Interior Designer and Creative Director.
- Video development and editing
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Routine maintenance of computer hardware.
- Monitoring computer systems and network.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replacing parts were necessary.
- Supporting the role out of new computer systems across Blue Mahogany.
- Provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on all computer equipment.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelors Degree in Graphic design or any other relevant technical design qualification.
- 1 – 3 years minimum work experience in graphic design, ICT management.
- Professional certifications as appropriate.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Google Doc, Writer, Impress, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Understand basic computer hardware components and terminology
- Understand the concepts and basic functions of a common computer operating system
- Familiarity with support and troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Training ability/experience.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of 3D design software such as o Blender 3D, 3D Max o WinZip, StuffIt, 7-Zip o Sketch up, Revit o AutoCAD, Acrobat Reader, Preview o Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects o Photoshop, Corel Draw, Excel, Calc. Are plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.