Senior Technical Officer
Job opening: technology jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Senior Technical Officer
- The Senior Technical Officer will work closely with the State Team to ensure strong partnership and collaboration with Local Action Committee on AIDS (LACA), Local Government Area (LGA) Health Authority, Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs), program facilities, traditional/religious leaders and other relevant stakeholders to achieve massive scale up of HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), Anti-retroviral Treatment (ART), and care and support in line with PEPFAR strategic goals.
- Develop effective tracking system for program coordination
- Conduct a comprehensive stakeholders analysis for effective program operations
- With support of PEPFAR Program Coordinator and Health Systems Strengthen (HSS), conduct a comprehensive NEEDS analysis
- Assess existing internal and external linkages and implement concrete strategies for strengthening them
- Create linkage points with other groups, e.g. Community People Living with HIV (PLHIV) Support Groups, TB/DOTS programs and primary health centers etc.
- Maintain close communication and coordination between HIV/TB DOTS referrals for other health needs and documentation
- Establish a data base of contact information of service providers for clinic use
- Ensure all pediatric clients, their siblings and other Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) are assessed for care and support needs and promptly linked to community service providers
- Act as liaison for community resources for patients
- Initiate active/functional linkage for two-way client referrals for wrap-around services.
- Work with the clinic team to identify patient care strategies that optimize service delivery in a time efficient manner
- Initiate and coordinate regular (monthly) meetings with network of existing and prospective NGOs, CBOs, FBOs to encourage feedback on services and referral issues
- Ensure timely client level documentation and program level reporting of all referrals done
- Developing an action plan for the site-based team and provide feedback to IHVN & hospital teams to inform strategic planning decision
- Participate in clinic team meetings and outreach activities and support group activities
- Mobilize community and support groups, by working with the religious, opinion and community leaders, volunteers, in order to gain support for community activities & linkages.
- Organizing monthly meetings with the members of the Program Implementation Unit and other community based teams
- Identify training needs for all Care & Support, NGO, and CBO staff and communicate staff training needs to facility team leaders and the IHVN team.
- Help teams target counseling activities for patients/family members within the community and follow-up activities on various topics.
- Establish a workable referral network system and ensure smooth linkages within the facility, between facilities, clinic, and community networks for seamless patient referrals.
- Ensure timely & effective defaulter tracking, documentation and appropriate referrals of patients.
- Provide Technical Assistance for efficient community service provision
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the PEPFAR Program Coordinator and Central Technical Leads.
- Must have a Public Health or related course at least 5yrs experience in program management/coordination preferably in HIV programming.
- Experience working at local government level with local health authorities and CBOs and with State Ministry of Health is desirable.
- Must possess good program management experience
- Must have at least seven years working experience within both clinical and community activities (of which a minimum of three years managing/supervising an HIV community based program).
- Knowledgeable about care and support needs of PLHIVs
- Experience with establishing networks to facilitate access program deliverables
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and the prevalent local dialect of the community
- Counseling experience
- Experience with clinical management of HIV, as well as community education, advocacy and mobilization skills
- Ability to work as a team-member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary
- Must be flexible to deal with both the changing needs of the health facility and patients in the community
- Must be someone who is committed to upholding confidentiality of HIV patients at all times
- Should be reliable, proactive and visionary
- Must be creative in program design/planning and implementation towards achieving set goals
- Social Work degree and experience are advantageous
- Local knowledge of specified region/environs and services8 Adeleke Street, Off Tinuade Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!