Program Officer, NGO
Job opening: technology jobs, jobs in Nigeria
AfriGrowth Foundation seeks an experienced leveled Program Officer to be based in Abuja.
The Program Officer, at the direction of and in conjunction with the Executive Director/ Founder of AfriGrowth will provide leadership and creative implementation for ALL programs.
Our expectations are that the Program Officer will be a highly motivated, well-organized self-starter with excellent interpersonal communications skills who enjoys public and community interactions.
Job Title: Program Officer - NGO
- Provide expertise in planning and executing community development projects according to deadlines and within budget.
- Communicate effectively to old and new stakeholders, and community heads in the different communities in which projects have been commissioned by the Foundation.
- Coordinate and ensure quality control of all Project activities and outputs.
- Provide documentation on best practices and lessons learned during field work and present to Management.
- Required to prepare grant applications and seek funding for the operational and improvement of existing programs - Actively seek for financial funding through grant applications, organizational and individual sponsorship, in-kind gifts, and other new sources of funding for the programs. Supervise and assist in training program volunteers and contractors.
- Oversee and develop accurate documentation in client files.
- Act as the Foundation’s liaison to external meetings.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the Foundation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 to 4 years of work experience, NGO or Community Development experience is a MUST.
- Demonstrate excellence in interpersonal skills.
- And Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit team-oriented setting.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE NGO EXPERIENCE.email@example.com