Regional Sales Manager
Job opening: sales jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Lead and develop a team of Sales Officers with the purpose of influencing KPI Performance positively in order to achieve the Region business objectives.
Responsibilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation):
- Responsible for the achievement of Volume target and other KPIs
- Responsible for developing existing customers and recruiting new ones.
- Responsible for ensuring improvement in the numbers of active vendors in assigned Region
- Responsible for ensuring improvement in vendors daily sales
- Ensure availability target is achieved.
- Persuade customer to ensure product is kept at right quality temperature.
- Ensure sales assets functionality - Bicycle, push cart, freezers and generators
- Responsible for price compliance
- Manage credit limit and debt to be within set target.
- Responsible for the aggregate of the KPIs of his/her sales team.
- Report : Sends Weekly and Monthly Sales Report
- Mapping : identify and determine the right number of customers FT, Ex Agents & Agents required per territory; Vendors territory gap/coverage per territory ; Event coverage.
- Responsible for coaching and the professional development of his/her sales team
- Ensure understanding and execution of the commercial rules& guidelines
- Develop the channel, customer, and vendors expertise of his/her team
- Ensure increase in the number of Sales Point .
- Constructively analyse and report competition activities.
- Conduct Field Accompaniment with at least four SO per week.
- Drives and monitors performance evaluation and coaching of SO.
- Identify the potentials of high performers and build on their strengths.
- Analyze and evaluate training needs/gaps of SO
- Ensure Region KPIs are achieved.
- Drive a winning culture; lead coaching and coordinate weekly/ monthly Regional meetings and ensure target understanding.
- POP Execution; conduct structured market visits and write feedback reports regarding outlet activations and sales operations.
Performance Management (Key Performance Indicators):
- Number of new customers
- Active Vendors
- Vendors Sales
- Generator Operational
- Freezer Operational
- Bicycle operational
- Push cart operational
- Credit Limit/Debt Management
- Price Compliance
- Actual call vs. Planned call
- Work/Business Contacts And Authority (IPE Factor: Communication):
- The entire sales team in the Region and all levels
- Meet regularly with team and NSM in order to create a result-oriented, customer focused and accountable sales team in accordance with the Fan Milk policies and plans.
- HR on sales staff and company policies
- Finance on customer accounts etc
- FTs, Ex Agents , Agents Pushcart Agents and new Ex Agents
- Learning & Career Opportunities
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Work as a team lead in a large organisation
- In-depth business knowledge of Fan Milk business
- Good (internal and external) communication skills
- Business development skills
- Career development programmes
- Must be driven to keep the process moving , an outgoing and convincing personality, with a sense of urgency, who can communicate at all levels and persuade key stakeholders in to the right course of action.
- Leadership skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Minimum of first degree in Business Admin, Marketing or other related discipline (2.2) or HND lower credit.
- Must have financial and business acumen.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in sales of FMCG with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
- IT skills (MS office - Powerpoint, Excel, Word).
- Planning, organising and coordinating skills.
- Result oriented.