Insurance Sales Agent
Job opening: sales jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Insurance Sales Agent
- Sell life, property, casualty, health, automotive, or other types of insurance.
- May refer clients to independent brokers, work as independent broker, or be employed by an insurance company.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Access media advertising services
- Calculate insurance premiums or awards
- Calculate rates for organization's products or services
- Communicate visually or verbally
- Compute financial data
- Conduct sales presentations
- Determine customer needs
- Evaluate degree of financial risk
- Fill out business or government forms
- Follow contract, property, or insurance laws
- Inspect property
- Install computer programs
- Interview customers
- Maintain records, reports, or files
- Make decisions
- Make presentations
- Motivate people
- Obtain information from individuals
- Provide customer service
- Sell insurance policies
- Use accounting or bookkeeping software
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Use interpersonal communication techniques
- Use knowledge of written communication in sales work
- Use marketing techniques
- Use telephone communication techniques
- Use word processing or desktop publishing software
- 1 years sales and insurance related experience.
- BSC, HND, OND.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously or with others to effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Advanced accounting/math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- General understanding of Nigeria economy and employee benefits industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Firm knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems.
- Strong Excel experience: Pivot Tables, V Look ups and Macro’s.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!