Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Manages and coordinates the deployment and activities of structural fabrication personnel and equipment within an assigned project or area of work.
- Ensure all work activities are undertaken in compliance with HSEQ manual, Safe Work Practises, Project Specifications, and relevant Codes and Standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery in accordance with Project Schedules.
Personnel reporting directly to this position:
- Structural Supervisors
- Structural Foremen
- Structural Fitters
Key aims and objectives:
- Safety of all personnel.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with HSEQ manual, Project Specifications and all relevant procedures.
- Ensure fabrication tools & equipment are available for the work scope in accordance with project plans and schedules.
- Ensure all fitters have the appropriate training and competency assessments for the work to be undertaken
- Manage all structural fabrication/construction and associated activities carried out within assigned work area.
- Identify in a timely manner the manpower and equipment requirements for the assigned work.
- Allocate resources and equipment to work areas.
- Allocation of work fronts to Structural Fabrication Supervisors.
- Ensure assigned work is progressing in accordance with project schedules.
- Ensure weld preparations and fit-ups are in compliance with Weld Procedure Specifications, QA/QC requirements and specified dimensional tolerances.
- Monitor productivity, fit-up and dimensional reject rates and schedule performance and be pro-active in investigating the reasons for poor performance and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure all fabrication equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Ensure all equipment being used is functioning properly and has the required certification in place.
- Ensure fabrication equipment is made available for scheduled inspection and maintenance.
- Liaise with the Welding Superintendent on fitting and welding sequences and distortion control.
- Liaise with the Rigging Superintendent on planned fabrication sequences to ensure lifting and movements can be performed safely and efficiently.
- Liaise with the Scaffold Superintendent on planned fabrication sequences so scaffold requirements can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Coatings Superintendent on capabilities and limitations for fabricated items requiring blast and paint.
- Liaise with the Training Manager on fitter training requirements.
- Report non-conformances associated with structural/fitting operations.
- Ensure all personnel within the work area understand and operate to the required quality procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Prepare Task Risk Assessments as required.
- Participate in Toolbox Talks.
- Identify, stop and immediately correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Liaise with other craft superintendents within assigned project.
- Work with Construction Managers and Superintendents on other projects to ensure the most efficient use of equipment across the facility.
- Give clear and concise instructions to team members and follow up to ensure safe and timely execution.
- Ensure good discipline is maintained.
- Hold members of the fabrication team accountable for work performance as per their roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrate good planning and organisation in day to day activities.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process within the fabrication function.
- Set professional standards of behaviour.
- Contribute to overall construction plans by considering efficient and effective methods of executing the work.
- Attend meetings as required, on time and prepared.
- Share the workload of other superintendents during leave rotations.
- Mentor, train and assess Nigerian national personnel under his/her control.
- Listen to and evaluate any employee concerns.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Shop Managers, Construction Managers
- Welding, Rigging, Scaffolding, Coating Superintendents.
- QA/QC personnel & HSE personnel.
- Training Department.
- Warehouse/Stores Controller & Supply Chain.
- Maintenance personnel.
Key External Interfaces:
- Client’s representatives as required
- External auditors as required
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience of fabrication/construction in the oil and gas construction (or other relevant) industry. At least 5-7 years at superintendent/supervisory level.
- Time-served apprenticeship as a fitter/plater/fabricator in a fabrication environment with minimum qualification of City & Guilds or Diploma.
- Conversant with all types of fabrication tools and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding and show commitment to the importance of HSE and Quality in the day to day activities in a fabrication facility.
- Ability to lead and manage a team and to mentor and train others.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!