StreSERT Services Limited recruits Senior Human Resources Officer
other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Company Name: StreSERT Services Limited
Job Title: VACANCY FOR THE ROLE OF SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Description: Our client is one of the largest printing organizations in sub-Saharan Africa based in Lagos Nigeria. They possess top-class equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled on the continent. As a result of growth and expansion, the position of a Senior Resources Officer has become vacant.
The Senior Human Resources Officer (SHRO) develops advice on and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization. The incumbent officer is to ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the employerâs business aims.
1) Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
2) Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
3) Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
4) Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
5) Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
6) Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
7) Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
8) Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
9) Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
10) Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
11) Analyze training needs to design employee development towards the benefit of the organization at large.
12) Maintain records and compile reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
13) Analyze data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organizationâs personnel policies and practices.
14) Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
15) Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
16) Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
17) Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
18) Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
19) Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
20) Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service (when the need arises).
21) Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE â SKILL REQUIREMENTSâ¢ The ideal candidate preferably a Female should be experience in the development and implementation of HR policies and programs, seeking best practices and continuous improvement in Human Resources and the organization.
â¢ Strong analytical skills with the ability to present a âbusiness caseâ to all levels of management and stakeholders within the organization.
â¢ Proven communication skills â including the ability to compose documents on classification, compensation and other HR programs for all levels of the organization.
â¢ Proven skills and experience in the implementation of new programs, with the ability to gain âbuy-inâ at several levels within the organization.
â¢ Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuade others on sensitive and competing issues.
â¢ Confidentially skills.
â¢ Good knowledge of office software.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:â¢ Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field very preferable.
â¢ Prefer a minimum of 4 â 6 years solid experience in a well structured organization.
â¢ Prior experience in human resources management, performance management, strategic HR.
â¢ A member of a professional body e. g CIPM, SHRM, CIPD
Monday â Friday: 8 am â 6pm
Saturday: Half-day (twice a month)
Salary is between N120, 000 â N150, 000/ m (depending on experience)
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH STATED YEARS OF HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERIENCE SHOULD PLEASE SEND THEIR CVâs to ârecruitment@stresertservices.comâ using âSHROâ as subject of mail.
Closing date is 16th February, 2015.
We are here to work with you in achieving your desired career objectives.
Nigeria Job Bucket is here to sensitize you on the latest available employment opportunities, giving you a load of choices within Nigeria and the World.