State Program Advisor
Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
State Program Advisor
- Responsible for direct management and coordination of all OVC project activities in the state, in line with the project proposal and implementation plan.
- Ensures that all project activities in the project state meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, USAID PEPFAR and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and CBO levels to develop state specific work plans to address identified needs of OVC.
- Carry out advocacy to integrate budget for OVC activities into state and LGA annual budget
- Strengthen technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD in OVC programming, service provisions and governance.
- Coordinate state project activities to ensure successful implementation of family centered and community based approach.
- Provide supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching for OVC desk officers, M & E officers, and LGA social welfare officers.
- Provide technical leadership for need assessments and design activities to ensure implementation of innovative approaches including mainstreaming of PMTCT into OVC activities.
- Represent the organization at meetings with government agencies, other implementing partners, service providers, LGA OVC Technical Working group and State OVC Steering Committee meetings etc
- Support community level committees on child protection activities.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in OVC programme, activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress.
- Participate in project review meetings, project monitoring, reporting and documentation.
- Carry out any other assignment by the Director of programs that will enhance quality implementation of the OVC project.
- A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences with at least 4 years post National Youth Service experience.
- At least 2 years in OVC programming, health, education and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria Public Sector, Health System, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is an added advantage, Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!