Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- To provide oversight on all construction projects and ad hoc Nigerdock scaffold activities
Key aims and objectives:
- To Control the correct erection of all scaffolds both tube & fitting and system scaffolds
- Supervise and lead scaffold builders for the erection and dismantling of scaffolds
- Regular verify the safety of erected scaffolding
- Develop safe work practices related to scaffolding
- Develop estimates for scaffolding erection and dismantling
Personnel reporting directly to this position:
- Scaffold Supervisors
- Scaffold Yard Foremen
- Scaffold Foremen
- Inspect and certify all types of scaffold including light and heavy duty scaffolds in line with TG20:08 standards
- Able to identify faults and provide / supervise the recommended action for correction on the spot.
- Inspect and approve scaffolding materials before use.
- Provide material estimates on demand.
- Interpret drawings.
- Review and recommend for approval all scaffold work procedures
- Coaching and mentoring of employees/Estimate materials/ Planning of work activities /
- Correct Use of Harnesses / correct Working At Height Procedures (SG4:10)
- Control the correct use of PPE / Movement of f/lifts and scaffold trailers/ Daily reports.
- Weekly Activity Report
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Scaffolding Team
- Scaffold Manager
- Welding & Structural Superintendents
- Design Engineer
- Procurement staff
Key External Interfaces:
- 15+ years Scaffolding Experience
- CITB / CISRS Advanced Scaffolder with Registered Card Number.
- CITB Advanced Scaffold Inspection Safety Certificate.
- Have Basic Knowledge in Designing of Conventional and System Scaffolds to BS:EN 12811-1 Standard,
- IOSH certification preferred
- Have affinity or able to work at height
- Ability to use computer and MS Office Suite
- Confident and able to work under pressure