Regional Program Manager
Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Regional Program Manager
Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict for a Regional Program Manager
When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
Job Title: Regional Program Manager: Nigeria & the Lake Chad Basin
Lead and grow CIVIC’s work in Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin region
- The RPM will lead CIVIC’s project to strengthen civilian protection policy, practice, and training of the Nigerian government and military, regional civil society groups, and the multi-national joint task force.
- The RPM will provide strategic guidance and management of CIVIC's Nigeria and LCB program portfolio with core responsibilities including program startup; liaising with senior government, military, and civil society leaders; convening stakeholders; representation, training, and advocacy on civilian protection and harm mitigation; writing and research; compliance and reporting; and work with SPM to develop medium-term strategy, advance program goals, deliver ambitious work-plan, and identify new opportunities.
- Work with SPM, in-country team, and Nigeria Program Officer to design, manage, and implement programs in support of CIVIC’s Nigeria program;
- Travel regularly (with CIVIC staff and alone) across northeastern Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin region (Chad, Cameroon, and Niger) to maximize the effectiveness of CIVIC’s work;
- Build new partnerships with government and military officials and like-minded NGOs;
- Convene roundtable discussions and conduct assessments to inform fresh policy, practice, and training recommendations for diverse stakeholders to improve civilian protection;
- Research and draft publications (reports, briefing papers, etc) and advocacy materials discussing CIVIC’s Nigeria work;
- Write op-eds, blogs, and articles highlighting issues important to CIVIC when possible;
- Speak with media about our work in the region;
- Work with ED, Senior Program Manager, and Development team to identify possible funding opportunities for program work;
- Represent CIVIC with NGO networks and government stakeholders and promote effective collaborations and partnerships;
- Lead the design and implementation of scenario-based training programs for security forces engaged in operations in Nigeria;
- Build strong working relationships with the Nigerian government and the Lake Chad Basin Commission and security forces (including Multinational Joint Task Force-MNJTF) to advance CIVIC’s mission through strategic partnerships;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Nigeria program strategy within CIVIC’s overall organizational strategy by consulting with staff, partner, and other interested parties;
- Perform other duties as required to further the organization’s mission and goals.
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize, manage, build partnerships, and implement projects in stressful environments;
- Knowledge of Nigeria & the Lake Chad Basin region including related to the conflict with Boko Haram;
- Experience in representing organizations in sensitive political and security environments;
- Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in a fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere;
- Willingness and experience working with security forces and understanding of the military/civilian/humanitarian spaces;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience in security force training and participatory facilitation preferred.
- Experience managing teams from different backgrounds and interfacing with field and HQ-based staff required.
- In-depth understanding of civilian protection issues in armed conflict;
- Experience in Nigeria and/or conflict-affected regions of West Africa implementing programs engaging a broad range of stakeholders;
- Proven ability to think analytically and plan strategically, including setting objectives and identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for our work;
- Effective leader and manager, hard-working, relentless passion for civilian protection and finding creative solutions to complex security challenges;
- B.A. in International Affairs, Political Science, African Studies, or related area; MA, MS, or JD preferred;
- Demonstrated tireless work ethic;
- Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team; and
- English language fluency mandatory. Advanced proficiency in French strongly preferred. Proficiency in Hausa or Fulani preferred.
- Minimum 10-12 years relevant full-time staff level work experience required, including work in active and recently active conflict zones;
- Minimum 5 years managing international development, human rights, and/or peacebuilding projects and teams.
- Minimum 3 years relevant field experience;
- Commensurate with experience
- CIVIC offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403b retirement plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Applicants should send their Resume, an unedited writing sample (maximum 5 pages), and a Cover letter describing your motivations for applying to: Candidate should write ATTN: Regional Program Manager in the subject line.
Note: Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!