Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Monitor Save the Children nutrition projects or activities implemented by the Country Programme to ensure strategy and plans are followed.
- Provide programme technical support through frequent field visits to the programmes, presenting a report with recommendations.
- Support training of Save the Children staff on nutrition or other related topics.
- Monitor that accountability and participation mechanisms for adults and children are planned for and correctly implemented in nutrition projects
- Participate on technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, when requested.
- Observe principles of child rights programming inform in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Ensure quality of practice by adhering to the SC Practice Standards on Child Participation.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Support project teams to produce timely high quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Produce a consolidated nutrition monthly report that portraits the activities carried out by all the nutrition projects in the Country office.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
- Contribute to policy development relating to nutrition and ensure this is consistent with Save the Children overall approach.
- Keep an updated library of nutrition related paper and documents for Nigeria, including HEAs, surveys, etc. carried out by Save the Children or any other stakeholder.
- In collaboration with the Senior Nutrition Advisor, carry out research related to nutrition.
Representation and Proposal Development:
- Create and maintain good relationship with key players in the nutrition sector at Federal and State levels (Government, development agencies, other organizations and research institutes) and represent Save the Children’s nutrition work in Nigeria as requested.
- Participate on the development and review of nutrition related national documents (guidelines, policies, etc.) providing technical inputs in line with Save the Children position paper, policies and evidence based programme expertise.
- Support proposal development, including budgets, for funding both to maintain and expand Save the Children’s work and influence within the nutrition sector.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies and other staff policies.
- Academic/professional qualification at post graduate level or equivalent in Public Health and/or Nutrition.
- Substantial operational experience (at least 5 years) and a track record of success on nutrition programming, including CMAM and/or IYCF.
- Experience in project management of at least 2 years.
- Demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition.
- Experience in providing technical support to partners and in particular government at senior levels.
- Proven capacity to develop a network of contacts with key players from amongst government, donors, international agencies and NGOs, to maintain these relationships over time and to raise significant funding from donor grants.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Proven capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and workplans.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in word processing, presentations and spreadsheet computer packages.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values and mission.
- Knowledge of Hausa language.
- Experience in supporting development of national guidelines and policies.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria.
- Understanding of food security and livelihoods programmes.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!