Lunch hour: Reasons You Need To Leave Your Desk
other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
In case you need to be convinced, check out the following ten reasons why you need to go out for lunch.
1. YOU WILL BE MORE PRODUCTIVE.You are not a machine. As a human being, you have certain physical limitations whether you want to acknowledge them or not. In order to be more productive in any given day, you need to move away from your desk a few times per day including lunchtime.
2. YOU WILL BE MORE CREATIVE.The same point I just made in #1 is doubly true for creativity. Have you ever experienced the phenomenon of having some of your greatest ideas while in the shower? Do you think you are alone in that? Youâre not. When you âfree yourself upâ as you do in the shower or while taking a break from your work, your brain is suddenly âfreeâ to consider new, fresh ideas that can potentially solve the problems that were plaguing you while you were so vigorously pondering the issue. Letting your mind wander a bit over lunch can lead to new ideas and new inspiration.
3. YOU WILL BECOME A MORE MINDFUL EATER.Eating at your desk means that you are multi-tasking. Your attention isnât on your work, and it is certainly not on the food that I suspect you are practically inhaling. In order to be a Healthy eater, you need to pay attention to what you are eating. You will enjoy your food more. You will ingest less of it. And, as a result, you should see the Health benefits as well.
4. YOU WILL HAVE BETTER WORK RELATIONSHIPS WITH COLLEAGUES.â¦ if you go out to lunch with them occasionally. Relationships at work are important. You need to work on establishing Healthy connections there in order to enhance your overall job satisfaction. This doesnât mean you should make your colleagues your best friends or your closest confidants. In fact, you need to use discretion when discussing personal matters with office mates. But that doesnât mean you canât go out with them and enjoy time away from your respective offices.
5. YOU NEED FRESH AIR.One reason to leave your desk at lunchtime is to get outside and get some fresh air. You need to clear your head, and you need fresh air for better health.
6. YOU CAN SIT TOO MUCHâ¦ AND IT COULD KILL YOU.Your body needs to move. In fact, research supports the fact that sitting for too long is extremely unhealthy. It would do you a great deal of good and would help your overall health if you take a brisk walk during lunchtime.
7. YOUR DESKâAND YOUR COMPUTER KEYBOARDâWONâT BE FULL OF FOOD CRUMBS.â¦ if you avoid eating at your desk. From the standpoint of keeping your desk free of food debris and ultimately ants that will heed the call of food crumbs at your work area, you are better off to avoid eating at your desk.
8. YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR FOOD MORE.Be aware of what you are eating. In order to enjoy your food, you need to pay attention to it. Note the taste of the lunch you are ingesting. It is also more likely that you will stop eating when you are full if you are paying attention as you are eating.
9. YOU MAY USE YOUR LUNCHTIME AS A NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY.In the world of CareerHMO, âevery job is temporary,â and you are always and ever a âbusiness-of-one.â That means that you should always be open to new opportunities, and given that networking is nothing more than getting with friends, colleagues, and new acquaintances, lunchtime is a perfect networking opportunity.
10. YOU MAY ALSO USE THE TIME TO CATCH UP WITH OLD FRIENDS.We are sometimes so busy with work and family obligations that we lose track of our friends. We need friendships for a happier, healthier life. Use your lunchtime to catch up with your friends. You wonât be sorry.When all is said and done, the research on getting away from your desk at lunchtime is very clear. Research aside, however, common sense dictates that you need to take a break during the middle of the day if you want to do your best work. Give yourself a lunch break away from your desk. You deserve it.
We are here to work with you in achieving your desired career objectives.
Nigeria Job Bucket is here to sensitize you on the latest available employment opportunities, giving you a load of choices within Nigeria and the World.