Head of Operations - Transport
Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
Head of Operations- Transport
DIVISION: Head Office
REPORTS DIRECTLY to Chief of Business and Operations
Shall be responsible for the repair, maintenance, efficient and effective allocation of buses and ensuring that the Branch Managers and Drivers achieve their targets. Coordinate and monitor the utilization of all vehicles in the fleet of Transport for proper net banking per trip of each vehicle’s expected revenues.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- You shall be responsible for achieving the expected net banking target for all company assets.
- Shall conduct 24 hours surveillance of all vehicles under your supervision and report any anomalies where applicable.
- Ensure that all expenses incurred per trip are managed within the company’s operational guidelines. Shall enforce sanctions where an employee violates the guidelines during attainment of expected targets for the fleet.
- Shall supervise, coordinate and review the work of his subordinates in and out of office.
- Shall be responsible for the actual and detailed scheduling of buses to achieve the company’s operational and financial targets.
- Shall ensure and coordinate the proper and profitable routing of buses.
- Shall coordinate the activities of Station Managers and the Operations Staff.
- Shall oversee and coordinate the maintenance department and ensure that buses are not unnecessarily delayed in the Workshop.
- Must make adequate arrangement to maximize revenue from profitable routes.
- Shall ascertain the running cost of a bus in order to work out profit on used time.
- Shall prepare and evaluate an Action plan for the day to day achievement of the department’s targets and forward strategies for achieving them.
- Shall oversee, supervise and coordinate all external business transactions. E.g. Charter services and importation of Spare parts and goods for the smooth running of the company.
- Shall prepare a Policy Guideline for the department and present to management for approval.
- Shall source for the expansion of the scope of business in line with the company’s policy.
- Shall research and proffer solutions on how best to remain ahead of competitors.
- Shall supervise, handle and coordinate all the activities of drivers and mechanics with aim of ensuring the company “Zero Breakdown Policy”.
- Shall be responsible for the company’s property and Assets within his/ her department.
- Shall oversee and coordinate the distribution of gas and lubricants to the buses and trucks.
- Shall effectively manage the use and distribution of Spare parts from the Stores.
- Shall ensure that the gas Account is current and all the money collected is paid in the designated gas Bank Accounts.
- Shall prepare a weekly report on the findings of the Monitoring and the Vehicle/ Traffic unit for the information of the management
- Shall approve and submit to management weekly logistics Reports on all the routes.
- Shall be responsible for the overall monitoring and supervision of the various units within the Operations department.
- Shall be in charge of all the technical and Operations staff in all the branches.
- Shall coordinate and facilitate the effective training of Operations Staff.
- Responsible for new branch development and operation and ensure sustainable growth and expansion of all the branches.
- To always ensure that stations managers get their allocated buses on time and at all times.
- Install an effective mechanism of tracking the buses.
- Prepare a departure and arrival schedule for all the buses in the stations.
- Ensure that our buses comply with the take-off schedule at all times. Sanctions Drivers / station managers who breach this procedure.
- Shall increase the customer service relationship with our passengers nationwide.
- Shall schedule and implement customer forum to boost passenger number.
- Any other assignment that may be assigned to you from time to time.
Apply to this job and send resume to: https://ngcareers.com/g/71753
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.