Korean Government Scholarship Program
Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Korean Government Scholarship Program
Korean Government Scholarship Program 2016 for study in Korea (Fully Funded)
Available Universities: 66 universities or institutions designated by National Institute for International Education (NIIED):
Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
Available Fields of Study
- Detailed information about the fields and majors offered by the universities listed above is available under the University Information section on the website, www.studyinkorea.go.kr.
- Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs.
- Night schools, seasonal programs, online and distant-learning programs are not included.
Night schools, Seasonal schools, and schools through Internet are not allowed.
- Both applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country.
- Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Should be under 40 years of age as of 1 September 2016.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2016.
- Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
- For Doctoral program: students who hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by August 31st, 2016 before entry.
- Should have a grade point average (G.P.A.) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution.
- If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
- Airfare: A round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won(KRW) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in human and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : The full costs up to 1 year
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 ~ 800,000 won for the costs related to a printing dissertation
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month(limited insurance coverage) will be provided to the university for students.
- Special fund for students proficient in Korean language (TOPIK level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month(Commencing from the main program)
ApplicationApplicants can apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University. See the websites of or the in which you want to study in.
The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps:
- Firstly, applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university).
- Secondly, applicants who passed the first round must be selected by the NIIED Selection Committee.
- Finally, applicants who passed the second round must gain admission from a university.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: April 8th 2016
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!