Current Jobs in Abuja at Propcom
Job opening: other jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Current Jobs in Abuja at Propcom
Current Jobs in Abuja at Propcom Mai-karfi, February 2016
Propcom Mai-karfi will currently run through December 2017 and is managed by Palladium in partnership with Technosee for the UK Department for International Development. Propcom Mai-karfi seeks high-performing, results-oriented professionals who have a particular interest in resilience and environmental issues to fill the position below, and join its dynamic and exciting team Abuja:
Job Title: Results Measurement Specialist (Working Title)
- The Results Measurement Specialist will support the Results Measurement team on research, analyses and reporting. The incumbent will commission initiatives with contract agents, ensuring proper use of research fools and methods, and assist with research design and analyses.
- Ensure that evidence of background research, analysis for markets and assumptions exist, and are used in a relevant manner,
- Provide feedback on various reports and data analyses done from various studies to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to overall programme reports to the donor,
- Support specific research initiatives and consequently implement RM strategies for specific themes such as poverty, gender, climate and environment, etc. as required,
- Provide weekly updates and plans to the RM Manager.
- Support market teams in developing measurement plans for markets which follow good research practices with documented outcomes,
- Advise the Intervention Managers on planning, projecting, identifying, quantifying and verifying milestones and targets,
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained and updated regularly for specific markets in relation to the intervention guides, market strategy papers, and impact assessment reports,
- All monitoring and impact assessment is carried out in a manner that allows gender disaggregation.
- A degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or any other social science
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing research projects
- Previous experience using the M4P approach would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses which provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria
- Experience or knowledge of northern Nigerian agricultural markets
- Experience in business development and project management
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel and any other data analysis tool
How to Apply for this Position (Results Measurement Specialist)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (maximum of three pages), full details of their referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of the post they are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Market Section Manager
- The Market Section Manager will supervise and lead a market section comprising a number of Intervention Managers.
- The Market Section Manager’s team will oversee interventions in several target markets and identify further opportunities for the programme to pursue,
- Providing overall strategic direction for the market sector and all interventions within the sector; monitoring and quality assuring all intervention guides and resulting outputs,
- Identifying new markets to contribute to the overall programme strategy and liaising with the senior management team on potential markets,
- Initiating and managing all market related value chain analyses, ensuring that study designs, contracting, and implementation are done in accordance to set standards,
- Driving the stakeholder analysis of the selected commodity chains as well as identifying potential agents of change,
- Overseeing the implementation of select market interventions, ensuring that initiative is taken and setting work plans for these interventions,
- Identifying and establishing strategic partnerships within the markets and playing a lead role in managing all established partnerships,
- Ensuring Administrative guidance is followed for grants, MoUs, and general administration;
- Budgets for the markets being supervised are appropriately managed;
- Security guidelines are followed by all team members,
- Improving the performance of the team through mentoring and coaching,
- Ensuring strong team work with the Results Measurement team,
- Contributing to the overall leadership of the programme as a part of the project’s management team.
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural sector in northern Nigeria is a definite advantage
How to Apply for this Position (Market Section Manager)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (maximum of three pages), full details of their referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of the post they are applying for to: email@example.com
Job Title: Driver
- The driver will be responsible for the maintenance of the programme vehicles and the provision of safe and reliable driving services to programme staff.
- The incumbent will also provide administrative and clerical support services as requested by the programme team.
- Ensuring that assigned vehicle is clean, road worthy and compliant with DFTD and Palladium Operating Security Standards,
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to programme personnel as required,
- Support the delivery and collection of Ca rgo/mail, documents and other errands as directed by authorized programme personnel in accordance with set guidelines,
- Conduct office pick-ups and drop-offs for authorized staff and consultants,
- Assist the Personnel Manager with immigration and customs formalities as required.
- A minimum of an OND qualification
- The ability to communicate fluently in English and Hausa languages
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position within an international development project
- Understanding of the mechanics of vehicles will be advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on northern Nigeria)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving code and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours when/if required
How to Apply for this Position (Driver)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (maximum of three pages), full details of their referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of the post they are applying for to:
Application Deadline 19th February, 2016.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!